PDA

View Full Version : coolant reservoir

crownvic05
09-05-2018, 04:20 AM
2005 crown vic lx sport

So, still CVN.NET is down. I come for help from marauder guys

Past few days, Ive noticed that my coolant reservoir is not circulating. In the morning at cold starts, coolant is right between the cold mark lines. Driving for 40 minutes including highway miles, I get to work and check it again and its actually over the cold mark which I believe suppose to be much lower.

What am I looking at here, Thermostat? radiator issue?

fastblackmerc
09-05-2018, 04:40 AM
2005 crown vic lx sport

So, still CVN.NET is down. I come for help from marauder guys

Past few days, Ive noticed that my coolant reservoir is not circulating. In the morning at cold starts, coolant is right between the cold mark lines. Driving for 40 minutes including highway miles, I get to work and check it again and its actually over the cold mark which I believe suppose to be much lower.

Is it overheating? If not leave it alone.

crownvic05
09-05-2018, 04:46 AM
There has been a few times that it over heats. I check under the hood and notice that fan is not running. give it a smack and starts working. This part has only happen twice.

crownvic05
09-05-2018, 04:48 AM
I'm guessing that the issue with the fan is a fan module going bad?

I'm concern about the coolant reservoir part though.

fastblackmerc
09-05-2018, 04:49 AM
There has been a few times that it over heats. I check under the hood and notice that fan is not running. give it a smack and starts working. This part has only happen twice.

That is not normal, why would you not fix it?

crownvic05
09-05-2018, 05:26 AM
ordered part last night.

stevengerard
09-05-2018, 06:29 AM
In the morning at cold starts, coolant is right between the cold mark lines. Driving for 40 minutes including highway miles, I get to work and check it again and its actually over the cold mark which I believe suppose to be much lower.

Coolant expends when it gots hot, it should be higher after the motor is running, or am I missing your quesions

Joe Walsh
09-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Coolant expends when it gots hot, it should be higher after the motor is running, or am I missing your quesions

Right....That's what I'm wondering....:dunno:
Sounds like the coolant overflow tank levels are correct,

CrownVictorious
09-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Fan is likely going bad. Also, check the connectors at both the fan and car side as those tend to melt and cause issues

crownvic05
09-05-2018, 07:33 AM
So the coolant rises in the reservoir when hot?
I thought it would drop some.

stevengerard
09-05-2018, 07:37 AM
correct, if you look closely there is another line above the cold temp line that is labeled "HOT." It takes into account the expansion of the hotter temperature coolant.

RF Overlord
09-06-2018, 06:59 PM
What stevengerard said^^^ What you're seeing is perfectly normal.