PDA

View Full Version : California Air Tools Home Compressor

Invective
09-29-2018, 11:43 AM
My first ever air compressor - better late than never! Should be ok for home projects and tire inflation. Has 5.5 gal. aluminum tank and 'ultra quiet' operation. Had the fewest negative reviews in this class but the ones it had were scary, on par for negative reviews of other brands. Bought it off of Amazon - receive it monday, along with hose and accessories.:coolman:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81zsJbYCslL._SL1500_.jpg

Marauderjack
09-29-2018, 01:05 PM
VERY......quiet!!:eek:

CBT
09-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Sweet, how much did it cost ya.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Invective
09-29-2018, 07:05 PM
Sweet, how much did it cost ya.

$228 and change, which included sales tax, 25ft hose (extra), air chucks and accessories (extra). The steel tank model was about $30 cheaper. Free, expedited (2 day) shipping because I'm a member of Amazon Prime. I buy alot of stuff through Amazon so Prime easily pays for itself.:coolman:

CBT
09-29-2018, 07:12 PM
Right on.

MyBlackBeasts
09-29-2018, 07:59 PM
My first ever air compressor - better late than never! Should be ok for home projects and tire inflation. Has 5.5 gal. aluminum tank and 'ultra quiet' operation. Had the fewest negative reviews in this class but the ones it had were scary, on par for negative reviews of other brands. Bought it off of Amazon - receive it monday, along with hose and accessories.:coolman:

What's the max operating pressure?

Invective
09-29-2018, 08:19 PM
What's the max operating pressure?

Ultra Quiet only 60 Decibels
Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs
5.5 Gallon (Rust Free) Aluminum Tank with Wheels
Powerful 1.0 HP (Rated / Running) 2.0 HP (Peak) Motor
3.10 cfm @ 40 psi - 2.20 cfm @ 90 psi

Part Number CAT-5510A
Item Weight 34 pounds
Product Dimensions 25.5 x 11.5 x 21 inches
California residents Click here for Proposition 65 warning
Item model number CAT-5510A
Size Aluminum Tank
Color Aluminum
Style Aluminum Tank
Material Aluminum
Power Source corded-electric
Voltage 110 volts
Horsepower 1
Item Package Quantity 1
Maximum Pressure 120 psi
Measurement System Metric
Included Components Air Compressor & Air Filter
Batteries Required? No
Warranty Description 1 Year Limited Warranty

MyBlackBeasts
09-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Ultra Quiet only 60 Decibels
Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs
5.5 Gallon (Rust Free) Aluminum Tank with Wheels
Powerful 1.0 HP (Rated / Running) 2.0 HP (Peak) Motor
3.10 cfm @ 40 psi - 2.20 cfm @ 90 psi

Part Number CAT-5510A
Item Weight 34 pounds
Product Dimensions 25.5 x 11.5 x 21 inches
California residents Click here for Proposition 65 warning
Item model number CAT-5510A
Size Aluminum Tank
Color Aluminum
Style Aluminum Tank
Material Aluminum
Power Source corded-electric
Voltage 110 volts
Horsepower 1
Item Package Quantity 1
Maximum Pressure 120 psi
Measurement System Metric
Included Components Air Compressor & Air Filter
Batteries Required? No
Warranty Description 1 Year Limited Warranty

Thanks for the info.

justbob
09-29-2018, 08:35 PM
Amazon has gotten ridiculous on the prices over the last couple of years. I used to use them for almost everything but I’ve pretty much shifted back to ebay over the last year.

Unless it’s just the prices on motorcycle and car parts, riding apparel, and whatever else I purchase that have gone up (and I doubt it) then you most certainly are paying the shipping and then some. And yes I’m comparing exact brands.

I’m glad I started shopping around as I’ve saved hundreds by not using them. Just my take on what I’ve researched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Invective
09-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Amazon has gotten ridiculous on the prices over the last couple of years. I used to use them for almost everything but I’ve pretty much shifted back to ebay over the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eBay would NOT have been your best choice for this particular item today unfortunately.:o

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=california+air+compressor s&_sacat=631&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=631&_odkw=air+compressors&LH_TitleDesc=0

Mr. Man
09-29-2018, 09:00 PM

Unless it’s just the prices on motorcycle and car parts, riding apparel, (When did you get a horse?) and whatever else I purchase that have gone up (and I doubt it) then you most certainly are paying the shipping and then some. And yes I’m comparing exact brands.

I’m glad I started shopping around as I’ve saved hundreds by not using them. Just my take on what I’ve researched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro Personally like pancake style compressors for their ease of portability.

Turbov6Bryan
09-30-2018, 05:22 AM
Home Depot also sells that model I looked into buying at about 8 months ago I just haven't pulled the trigger. be nice to have another one to use just for paint because it doesn't have a piston style compressor

I sell and buy on eBay and recently became a prime member because their prices are cheaper than eBay in certain instances. I have already saved hundreds of dollars by using prime so it is what it is.

12" x 700' bubble wrap $32, when I load my gift card for $100 on Amazon I get 10 bucks off. So that makes it 22 bucks shipped for 700 feet of bubble wrap. EBay is nowhere close but i use both

CBT
09-30-2018, 06:28 AM
Personally like pancake style compressors for their ease of portability.
And, also, you just like pancakes....

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-30-2018, 08:14 AM
I have this model and it is great.

Invective
09-30-2018, 08:25 AM
I have this model and it is great.

How long have you had it? I had posted a web image but it disappeared overnight for some reason.:(

Mr. Man
09-30-2018, 11:02 AM
And, also, you just like pancakes....

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkSo true.....mmmmmpancakes:drool:

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-30-2018, 11:47 AM
How long have you had it? I had posted a web image but it disappeared overnight for some reason.:(

Almost 2 years now. Use it for filling up tires and light duty impact gun use. Love how quiet it is compared to the stuff you can pick up locally.

MyBlackBeasts
09-30-2018, 05:18 PM

Pic is still there. See post #1.

Invective
09-30-2018, 06:07 PM
Pic is still there. See post #1.

I changed my web configuration this morning. The image reappeared late in the morning into the afternoon - disappeared again. Something at my end apparently. Thanks.:o

Invective
10-01-2018, 04:20 AM
Almost 2 years now. Use it for filling up tires and light duty impact gun use. Love how quiet it is compared to the stuff you can pick up locally.

I read where one needs at least a 20 gal. tank for effective air impact wrench function. Now that you mentioned it, I've got one out in the shop I haven't used in many years after going to an electric impact wrench. Thinking I'll get it out and hook it up just for old times sake!:coolman: