PDA

View Full Version : Smoke = Fire Extinguisher

sailsmen
11-08-2018, 10:26 PM
I am driving across a long Bridge during rush hour. I notice a slow down and then vehicles start merging left. I also merge left.

Out pops a pick up truck in the right lane with smoke coming out of it's hood. I smell an electrical fire.

Two men are walking next to the pick up and pushing it.

I pull next to on of them and attempt to hand him my fire extinguisher. He says I am not sure it's a fire.
As loud as I can I yell "take the fire extinguisher" and he does! They stop pushing, pop the hood and put out the fire!

Then policeman pulls up behind them.

Off to Lowe's to get a replacement fire extinguisher!

ps No one honked at me while I gave him the fire extinguisher.

NorthShoreChiMM
11-09-2018, 04:23 AM
:banana:"Im not sure Its a fire", I lost it

Invective
11-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Out pops a pick up truck in the right lane with smoke coming out of it's hood. I smell an electrical fire.

Congrats to you. I don’t carry extinguishers in my vehicles - should start doing it. Have DC extinguishers in my kitchen and shop. Last spring, a neighbor had an electrical fire in his pristine 2003 Chevrolet SS pickup instrument panel and was trying to put it out with a water hose - I gave him my kitchen extinguisher, along with another neighbor. He was driving home in it and made it into the driveway.

Truck interior was toast but he bought a near identical truck at a local auction as a parts donor. He carried liability insurance only.

Identical stock photo of his original truck.
https://carsintrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2006SilveradoSS_1.jpg