PDA

View Full Version : dmh cutouts are crap

blackhueys
11-24-2018, 06:15 AM
DMH ELECTRIC EXAUST CUTOUTS AVOID AT ALL COSTS OWNER IS A CROOK WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU WILL NEVER HEAR BACK AGAIN NOT FOR A RETURN NOT FOR A QUESTION NOT FOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT NOTHING. been trying for over a year so far nada

Spectragod
11-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Buddy of mine had the same issues, owner finally contacted him back and had him send it back, his wouldn’t seal completely when he went to close them, but they were on a GM product, so I made sure he knew it was supposed to have a exhaust leak..[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackhueys
11-24-2018, 11:08 AM
The really sad thing is that my friend is a parts distributor nation wide and almost picked dmh up as a vendor till he read up on dmh. well dmh you lost a lot of money (thousands if not even more)
over a part that costs less then 10 bucks

justbob
11-24-2018, 11:55 AM
Sorry you’re having issues. I didn’t have very good luck with BadlanzHPE either.

I learned quickly if you just press the button to close them you will indeed create a permanent leak. You have to get it close to closed then tap the switch till it’s quiet.

At least Badlanz answers calls and stood behind an actuator rod that cracked and snapped off at one of the door set screws. As for any company standing behind leaks? Never going to happen. All it takes is one time of holding the close switch a mili second too long to damage the actuator.

Now they take up residence on a shelf..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CBT
11-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Sorry you’re having issues. I didn’t have very good luck with BadlanzHPE either.

I learned quickly if you just press the button to close them you will indeed create a permanent leak. You have to get it close to closed then tap the switch till it’s quiet.

At least Badlanz answers calls and stood behind an actuator rod that cracked and snapped off at one of the door set screws. As for any company standing behind leaks? Never going to happen. All it takes is one time of holding the close switch a mili second too long to damage the actuator.

Now they take up residence on a shelf..

Dude didn't you snap that mofo leaving Louisville and have to drive all the way home with one header wide open?!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

blackhueys
11-29-2018, 01:32 PM
well I finally got a fix but you have to go with a differant manufacturer and the replacement part needs to be modified a bit, i have one side done and will take pictures when I do the other side

tbone
11-29-2018, 02:04 PM
One mistake I have somehow avoided.

Alert the media!!

justbob
11-29-2018, 05:44 PM
Dude didn't you snap that mofo leaving Louisville and have to drive all the way home with one header wide open?!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nah. That would be crazy! I drove all the way home with BOTH wide open.. [emoji17]

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-29-2018, 05:59 PM
I have the QTP cutouts and wireless box on my mustang functioning as a dynamic exhaust butterfly valve for my non-resonated exhaust outlets on my quad tip roush mufflers. Work great and seals up pretty decent.