PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new(to me)car.

Jtrip
01-03-2019, 08:26 PM
1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2+2, T-tops, N/A. Really cool car. 5 speed manual, as low to the ground as you would want to be.

Just rambling at the keyboard.

I have always liked these cars and made an offer on one 15 years ago and was rejected. So I purchased this one for $1100 from a friend who was desperate to sell. I bought it non running, sight unseen and had it towed to the house. Needed a clutch safety switch and she was running again. Also needed a MAF sensor and now seems to be running great. Since then I've put an additional $1000 into it which includes new tires and some new leather goodies trying to possibly flip this car for a profit.

With the new car I've been looking at the Marauder a little differently. Assuming that I can get a pretty good cash price and was thinking about selling it and driving the Nissan as a daily driver. Funny thing is I drove the Marauder today and realized that the Marauder is one hell of a car. Comfortable, fast and just happened to receive a compliment while picking up a pizza. Two different cars but both really cool in their own era. I wondered if the Marauder would be jealous but cars don't really have a personality, right? My Mercury seems so dependable and I've put some cash into her to make her last another 100,000 miles, hopefully.

I think I'll keep the Mercury and flip the Nissan. Tried to find a 300ZX forum comparable to this one and nothing touches it.

Kudos to everyone here that contributes and helps keep these cars on the road.

gdsqdcr
01-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Those 300Z's were fun little cars. As for the Marauder, I have had mine out and about for the last few days now. I spent 30 minutes today just talking about the Marauder with some college kids while my son was wrestling. And then as I was driving home, I had compliments from 2 mustangs that were cruising together. The Marauder is a great car to drive.