View Full Version : Mad Picture Posting Skilz

Agent M79
06-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Here is some text before my image....

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/1096Drive_Time.jpg

....here is some text after.

Agent M79
06-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Alrighty... what gives? I am trying to embed an image from my gallery into this message and I only get the top 10th? What didn't I read thats been hashed over again and again?

dok
06-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Nice map. :beer:

Agent M79
06-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Nice map. :beer:

Can you see the whole thing? I can only see the top 1/10th of it.

dok
06-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Can you see the whole thing? I can only see the top 1/10th of it.

I see the whole thing. It goes from Columbia at the bottom clear up to Virginia.

crimzon
06-14-2004, 01:32 PM
I see the whole thing

Agent M79
06-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Hmm... Thanks guys. I'll fix up my post in the Carolina Marauders forum now. Maybe I'll see it better from home. Might be having video driver issues.

woaface
06-14-2004, 01:36 PM
See the far left middle of the map where it says "Taylors"

I'm JUST inside of the Greer line, so Taylors is down the street for me.:rock:

BruteForce
06-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Sometimes the web server (or your browser) decides you've had enough images for now and only sends/displays partial image. Refreshing the page will usually work to bring it up correctly.

Agent M79
06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Wow. Dig this. If I enable Automatic Image Resizing I get it. Turn it off and I get just a portion.

Or the hammer... it could have been the hammer.

Bluerauder
06-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Here is some text before my image....

....here is some text after.
Looks fine to me. Text before and after a big map with the center area around Charlotte, NC highlighted in green. I get the entire map. No problem.

Marauderman
06-14-2004, 03:56 PM
....OK...we are all waiting for the text from this map...plotting..stuff... your doing---we haven't a clue what your up to...hummmn..sure it will be ....uh..should I get my dictionary out..........Tom

Marauderjack
06-15-2004, 05:11 AM
Where's Mooresville???? :confused: :cool: :alone:

Agent M79
06-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Where's Mooresville???? :confused: :cool: :alone:

About half-way between Charlotte and Statesville on I-77. Home to a good number of race shops, the entire area is so imbued with motorsports that the town calls itself "Race City USA (http://www.ci.mooresville.nc.us/)".

martyo
06-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Alrighty... what gives? I am trying to embed an image from my gallery into this message and I only get the top 10th? What didn't I read thats been hashed over again and again?

Dave: Click "refresh" and see what happens.

TAF
06-15-2004, 05:37 AM
Dave: Click "refresh" and see what happens.
That's ^^^ what Marty does...instead of showering.

Marauderjack
06-15-2004, 05:41 AM
I know that....I used to live at Lake Norman and knew a bunch of race people in Mooresville(the Port City)!!! :beer:

I wondered why it didn't appear on that map and Galax , Va. did?? :confused:

Marauderjack :D

Agent M79
06-15-2004, 07:05 AM
I know that....I used to live at Lake Norman and knew a bunch of race people in Mooresville(the Port City)!!! :beer:

I wondered why it didn't appear on that map and Galax , Va. did?? :confused:

Marauderjack :D

Port City!! Yes. When I got here 10 years ago I saw references to "Port City" and I still have no idea when that means. What Port? Did they drink a lot of bad wine here? It's a dinky man made lake... there is no "port". What is that?

I think it did not appear because the population numbers they used for MapPoint 2002 made it smaller than Statesville and at the size/resolution I posted at did not make the cut population-wise. Or maybe it was a label density thing. I dunno.

You will be happy to note, however, that on The Weather Channel, Statesville was dropped and Mooresville added. Such a glorious day that was! There may have been a parade.

---

The display problem returned. I had the problem on my work PC but not on my home PC. If I changed my image resizing and restart the browser, I can see it... once! I loaded the latest video drivers and now there is no problem.

Thanks for your help guys.

dok
06-15-2004, 07:36 AM
You will be happy to note, however, that on The Weather Channel, Statesville was dropped and Mooresville added. Such a glorious day that was! There may have been a parade.

Sorry Dave. Here in Concord, the Weather channel still shows Statesville-no Mooresville.

Agent M79
06-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Sorry Dave. Here in Concord, the Weather channel still shows Statesville-no Mooresville.

Heh! Those two-face cumulus pushing backstabbers! I work in Statesville and live in Mooresville but both are served by Adelphia Cable. I bet the radar info screen is customized per cable system or something.

Ah well... so long as Statesville knows that Mooresville owns it, it don't matter who else knows!

Great "test" thread, eh?

MM03MOK
06-15-2004, 08:08 AM
I work in Statesville and live in Mooresville but both are served by Adelphia Cable. I bet the radar info screen is customized per cable system or something.Yes, yes it is.

Agent M79
06-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Yes, yes it is.

I R sO SMerT! :lol:

teamrope
06-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Todd's glasses are so thick he can see everyone in the state waving at him. :coolman: