PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank strap studs

ARodmarauder
02-27-2019, 10:00 PM
Does anyone happen to know that part number for these studs? Or does anyone happen to have a set laying around that i can buy. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zack
02-27-2019, 10:17 PM
Have you removed the nuts yet? If not, it’s all reusable despite what people say

ARodmarauder
02-27-2019, 10:22 PM
Have you removed the nuts yet? If not, it’s all reusable despite what people say

I removed the nuts and dropped the tanks and left the studs in place. When I was installing the tank, the stud wasn’t long enough to reach the stud. What was I doing wrong Zack

Zack
02-28-2019, 06:55 AM
I removed the nuts and dropped the tanks and left the studs in place. When I was installing the tank, the stud wasn’t long enough to reach the stud. What was I doing wrong Zack

Not pushing up hard enough on the straps

massacre
02-28-2019, 01:26 PM
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-strap-stud-n808978s439

ARodmarauder
02-28-2019, 01:46 PM
Not pushing up hard enough on the straps

Yeah me and my buddy tried that even took off the strap and started at the stud and worked out way down and nothing.

ARodmarauder
02-28-2019, 01:46 PM
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-strap-stud-n808978s439

Thank you massacre just got everything ordered

Marauderjack
02-28-2019, 02:58 PM
When I did mine I fiddled with it for hours and got nowhere......ordered new studs and never broke the bottom part off....just in case!!:beer:

What a PITA and the electrical plug over the tank by the passenger side rear wheel.......UGH!!:shake::mad2:

ARodmarauder
02-28-2019, 04:06 PM
When I did mine I fiddled with it for hours and got nowhere......ordered new studs and never broke the bottom part off....just in case!!:beer:

What a PITA and the electrical plug over the tank by the passenger side rear wheel.......UGH!!:shake::mad2:

It was quiet easy for me. I took the wheel off and was able to access it pretty easily

justbob
02-28-2019, 04:46 PM
Cut wires, add weather pack connector. [emoji1303]

GreekGod
03-03-2019, 10:07 AM
I drilled out the trunk sheet metal (above the stud) with a hole saw and installed a (long enough) stainless steel bolt to easily connect the strap. Plugged the hole with a expanding rubber plug (as used for freeze plug replacements).

=