PDA

View Full Version : It is done. one MM ...BACK ON THE ROAD

Agent2006
03-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Got my aluminum Summit coolant fitting installed, burped the system....got tags, on the road! Woo hoo. Yes, I did recover all the pieces of the shattered plastic Dodge dakota coolant fitting.

This Zombie Marauder is alive again. Runs great, needs a front end alignment...and some panel gap adjustment, and... thanks to this Forum for all your advice and help!

blazen71
03-15-2019, 05:41 PM
Nice work saving that one!

Invective
03-15-2019, 05:51 PM
Looks good in the images - a true labor of love that was probably frustrating on occasion. Hope this serves as an inspiration to others. What was your final tally? Short term plans for the car?

Agent2006
03-15-2019, 06:00 PM
$1300 - initial price....

$5000 - all in...includes : quite a long tow to my house,parts and more parts, things I bought twice, extra parts, things I bought wrong, tax, tags...

short term - make sure it stays running well...then: 4.10 gears, tune, take it to the track, continue to upgrade the fit/finish, sand/clean/coat the rusty parts underneath...

no show car, but a driver that is getting better and better...

1Marauder
03-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Great job!

Let us know what else you need. Some of us have a few extra parts laying around. Can't speak for all others, but most of us love a good "Marauder save" story!

crownvic97
03-16-2019, 05:50 AM
Nice job with it and congrats on getting on the road!

PRCARGUY
03-16-2019, 04:47 PM
:congrats: on getting one back on the road! :beer:

Mr. Man
03-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Hope to see it at Carlisle.

a_d_a_m
03-17-2019, 07:01 AM
Nice work. Pics of that crossover tube work?

Agent2006
03-17-2019, 01:15 PM
Hello

Notice the spliced in radiator cap is higher than the crossover tube plug, seems to bleed air easier this way. Not seeing a big imprint on the hood insulation either. So, for those who don't care about underhood looks, this may be an option for you.

(Believe me: that stock crossover bleed plug was either: coming off in pieces, or the tube would be twisted apart, or I'd be getting an MRI for a torn pectoralis/bicep. )

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hre-3423/overview/

MM was at Carlisle in 2010. In 2019, look for a black MM with scratches and dings, like some shady airport taxicab. Nearby will be the owner: ugly: like Herman Munster without the neck bolts...See you guys there!

justbob
03-18-2019, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Agent2006;1573821]

Nearby will be the owner: ugly: like Herman Munster without the neck bolts...

Same hair cut??? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Invective
03-18-2019, 04:37 PM
Hello

Notice the spliced in radiator cap is higher than the crossover tube plug, seems to bleed air easier this way. Not seeing a big imprint on the hood insulation either. So, for those who don't care about underhood looks, this may be an option for you.

(Believe me: that stock crossover bleed plug was either: coming off in pieces, or the tube would be twisted apart, or I'd be getting an MRI for a torn pectoralis/bicep. )

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hre-3423/overview/

MM was at Carlisle in 2010. In 2019, look for a black MM with scratches and dings, like some shady airport taxicab. Nearby will be the owner: ugly: like Herman Munster without the neck bolts...See you guys there!

Interesting solution. Glad to see Marauder acquired and resurrected by someone who understands and cares (and has the skills and determination).

Agent2006
03-20-2019, 04:58 PM
I disconnected the keyless entry pad and replaced fuse 23. So far, locks now work. Interior lights work too. While I was in the door I finished reattaching the armrest pad.

Ebay CD player wouldn't play CD's so I sent it back to the seller for a new one.

(The factory wiring manual is a little confusing - but somehow the keyless pad goes through the door lock switch.Those switches and DDM appear to be correct for the 2003 MM)

ordered a new LF tire from WalTire, poked and prodded under the rocker panel cover , looks I have some work to do. Thinking of using 3M panel bond adhesive on the patch panel, if its good enough for BMW...

FE Alignment is scheduled for SAT AM first thing. 350 miles on the car and no problems....ordered a new serpentine belt...aimed the headlights, measured 27" to the top of the front wheel arch, yes it is lowered LOL....going with the carfixer specs.

...its a good sign when the "To Do list" is getting a little less greasy.