PDA

View Full Version : Houston Wrecked MM

engine23ccvfd
06-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Friend of mine took these pics of an MM that did a front over roll. Story is driver was dealership employee that fell asleep while driving during none working hours so the insurance company is refusing payment (have no idea if it is true or not). We did verify the interior (mostly) was stolen/sold the first day it was wrecked.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/819

MAD-3R
06-17-2004, 11:59 AM
And anouther 03 300A bites the dust...

RIP

SHERIFF
06-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Friend of mine took these pics of an MM that did a front over roll. Story is driver was dealership employee that fell asleep while driving during none working hours

I would be skeptical of the tale myself. The car has tinted windows, something the dealer would do BEFORE a sale? The images also lead me to believe it was possibly a fireman's car based on the fact earlier pictures were taken at a fire station. :confused:

Bigg Cellus
06-17-2004, 12:24 PM
It is soooooooo sad to see a Marauder end up like this but unfortunately it happens to tha best of cars-even tha Marauder. Did anybody live? God Bless.

Ross
06-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Engine! Ain't seen much of you on here lately! Sorry to see you back with such bad news about somebody's MM.

Alan
06-17-2004, 12:46 PM
I recognize where that car is sitting. That's right behind the Planet Ford dealership on I-45 in Spring, Texas.

As a side note...it's funny...and I know those aren't the best shots in the world...but I don't see any gouge marks or major disturbances in the grass/dirt around the car. If that is the crash site/final resting spot for that vehicle...it's sure hard to tell by those pictures. Those probably aren't all the shots of the accident site, but if I was dispatched to that call AND because it was another Marauder owner...you can bet your sweet you-know-what that I'd be taking lots and lots of pictures of the entire scene.

woaface
06-17-2004, 12:46 PM
No sherrif, those fire house pictures have been there a while, that's the thread posters car.

I see a tail pipe I could have used!!!;)

MAD-3R
06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
I would be skeptical of the tale myself. The car has tinted windows, something the dealer would do BEFORE a sale? The images also lead me to believe it was possibly a fireman's car based on the fact earlier pictures were taken at a fire station. :confused:

Window Tinting in Texas is as common as engine block heaters are in Minnisota.

Ross
06-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Alan, you're back, too! Haven't seen you around for awhile, either.

Alan
06-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey Ross! I lurk mostly...but I read the site each day. I saw this particular thread and recognized exactly where that car was sitting. I also hate to see a Marauder in that condition and I pray that whomever was driving is okay. It's not fun having to see that, come up on it, or work something like that. I especially hope there were no kids involved in that accident....

Alan, you're back, too! Haven't seen you around for awhile, either.

MERCMAN
06-17-2004, 01:13 PM
How did the center caps get removed? They are all missing!!

Hack Goby
06-17-2004, 01:27 PM
I see it had a full size spare

RF Overlord
06-17-2004, 01:33 PM
If that really was a roll-over, look at how well the passenger cabin held up...it's a shame the car is ruined, but at least the occupants weren't...that's one of the reasons we wanted this car...safety...

Bluerauder
06-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Friend of mine took these pics of an MM that did a front over roll. Story is driver was dealership employee that fell asleep while driving during none working hours so the insurance company is refusing payment (have no idea if it is true or not). We did verify the interior (mostly) was stolen/sold the first day it was wrecked.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/819
Pretty comprehensive 360 degree walk around of the damage. Great pics of a terrible sight. Brought tears to my eyes. :bigcry:

Looks like the MM held together pretty well. Hope no one was seriously injured; but I suspect they bounced around inside quite a bit on the flips. Any idea how fast she was going when it left the road?

engine23ccvfd
06-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I am a lurker as well...Been working a ton and just dont have the energy for posting. The driver of the car was fine and there where no passengers.

Sorry for the confusion on the pics with the fire truck I guess I should have made a new folder...but hey I got to get you guys to see my engine somehow!

DeadVic
06-17-2004, 01:51 PM
I am a lurker as well...Been working a ton and just dont have the energy for posting. The driver of the car was fine and there where no passengers.

Sorry for the confusion on the pics with the fire truck I guess I should have made a new folder...but hey I got to get you guys to see my engine somehow!

I just called the body shop at Planet Ford. It's owned by "some other company" and "we can't sell anything off it". that's all they would tell me.

Dr Caleb
06-17-2004, 02:19 PM
If that really was a roll-over, look at how well the passenger cabin held up...it's a shame the car is ruined, but at least the occupants weren't...that's one of the reasons we wanted this car...safety...

Yup. By the looks of it, the only thing not damaged was the passenger side rear door too.

Petrograde
06-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Window Tinting in Texas is as common as engine block heaters are in Minnisota.

:lol: Roger That!!!!

Man, I hate to see a Marauder all FUBARed like that, but at least the driver survived! :up: It makes me feel better about strapping Petrograde Jr. in the back when the time comes!

MARAUDER S/C #5
06-17-2004, 02:45 PM
:cry:...........but my car just became even more rare!:P

gdmjoe
06-17-2004, 05:50 PM
A little fenders in a can ( a.k.a. bondo ) and 200MPH tape ( duct ) and she'll be fine. :D

cyclone03
06-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Driver fell asleep my butt.

Looks like the driver ran out of high speed driving talent at about 125mph.

89VERT
06-17-2004, 06:32 PM
I want to meet the body and paint guys that can fix this !

FiveO
06-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Whats wrong with you people!

Can we have a moment of silence please?

;) :)

Patrick
06-18-2004, 01:36 AM
:bows: :bows:

Patrick
06-18-2004, 01:44 AM
Whats wrong with you people!

Can we have a moment of silence please?

;) :)

Well if we had more details of the accident we wouldn't be looking for parts for our cars. Our if this could be fixed. Please post the full story instead of just pics and second hand info!!!!!!!!!! :bs: :bs:

martyo
06-18-2004, 04:09 AM
Did anyone notice from the photgraphs that the impact was so severe that it knocked all of the center caps off of the wheels......they probably landed right into someone's pocket!

jerrym3
06-18-2004, 05:39 AM
Looks like a big challenge for one of those "paintless dent repair" shops......................... ................

Bluerauder
06-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Did anyone notice from the photgraphs that the impact was so severe that it knocked all of the center caps off of the wheels......they probably landed right into someone's pocket!
I noticed the center caps missing also .... figured they were pilfered after the wreck.

engine23ccvfd
06-18-2004, 06:45 AM
Well if we had more details of the accident we wouldn't be looking for parts for our cars. Our if this could be fixed. Please post the full story instead of just pics and second hand info!!!!!!!!!! :bs: :bs:

I gave all the info I have and made it perfectly clear it was rumor. I really dont appreciate someone blasting another member for making an effort to bring something like this to the boards attention :nono:

stevengerard
06-18-2004, 06:58 AM
I do like the drivers side stance it now has!