PDA

View Full Version : Getting noticed

dwasson
06-17-2004, 04:50 PM
So, I'm driving the big car to the bar after work with a coworker. The car is dirty since it rained this morning. The coworker drives a Lexus GS 430. Figure the Lexus costs close to $50K. We park by the door and as I am getting out of the car two guys walk by and one says, "Nice car." I say "Thanks" and we walk into the bar. My coworker asks if that happens often. I tell him that someone comments on the car at least once per week. He says that he has never had a stranger comment on his car in the year he's owned it.

I thought about it on the way home. There is something about the Marauder, at least in black, that speaks directly to the soul of guys. Few women I know appreciate the car, but guys, in particular forty-something guys, can't walk by the car without staring. The woman who sits next to me at work says that she's tired of hearing people talking about my car. So, today her husband stops by and he asks her who owns the Marauder.

When my wife is with me and someone says something about the car she'll say, "You like that don't you." And admittedly, I do. That Lexus sells for almost twice what I paid for the Marauder and doesn't get noticed. I've seen people walk past Corvettes to stare at the Marauder. The Big Black Car reaches out and grabs guys as they walk by.

Too cool!

Bluerauder
06-17-2004, 05:00 PM
"...snip..." There is something about the Marauder, at least in black, that speaks directly to the soul of guys. Few women I know appreciate the car, but guys, in particular forty-something guys, can't walk by the car without staring. "...snip...".

Too cool!
It isn't just the Black MMs that cause this effect. My Blue MM draws its share of comments, approving nods, thumbs up, and stares --- at least once a week. :up:

And, I like the attention too !!! :banana:

FiveO
06-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Lets hope Silver does too :up:

merc406
06-17-2004, 05:16 PM
It isn't just the Black MMs that cause this effect. My Blue MM draws its share of comments, approving nods, thumbs up, and stares --- at least once a week. :up:

And, I like the attention too !!! :banana:

Also the green one's :D :up: , the Marauder doesn't say snob it say's drive me and people see that. :D :beer:

Petrograde
06-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Yeah,.. I work with almost 400 other mechanics at the local airport.

I am known as: The Dude with the Marauder :cool:

duhtroll
06-17-2004, 05:22 PM
My exhaust is in the middle stages of completion. The mufflers and pipes go on tomorrow morning.

Try driving your black MM around with completely open exhaust. EVERYONE looks.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

-A

FastMerc
06-17-2004, 05:35 PM
:up: Just cruise into a cruisin and watch all the Mustang BOYS, look at their expression as you roll by.Youll love it.I ve noticed the femals checking it out, :banana: OH YES THEY DOOO! :rock:

jrzygrl
06-17-2004, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=tstrat99]It isn't just the Black MMs that cause this effect. My Blue MM draws its share of comments, approving nods, thumbs up, and stares --- at least once a week. :up:

And, I like the attention too !!!

Definitely happens to me all the time in my blue girl...... :rock:

SHERIFF
06-17-2004, 07:22 PM
I have always wondered about the phenomenon myself.

I think it's the bright chrome wheels. They are an "eye magnet". Then once the eyes are locked onto the wheels the person thinks "what the hell kind of car are they on!?" :rock:

jgc61sr2002
06-17-2004, 07:26 PM
I have always wondered about the phenomenon myself.

I think it's the bright chrome wheels. They are an "eye magnet". Then once the eyes are locked onto the wheels the person thinks "what the hell kind of <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1V Dw">car</A> are they on!?" :rock:

I tend to agree, the wheels (rims) make the car. :up:

TX Harley Guy
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
We had a simular thread on the NHTOC a few weeks ago about HD trucks. MMs are just sharp cars, I check em out every time I see one. Lexus, BMWs, Benz's ect are common sights here, like an Accord or a Camry, you dont see a Marauder every day!

hitchhiker
06-17-2004, 08:26 PM
So, I'm driving the big car to the bar after work with a coworker. The car is dirty since it rained this morning. The coworker drives a Lexus GS 430. Figure the Lexus costs close to $50K. We park by the door and as I am getting out of the car two guys walk by and one says, "Nice car." I say "Thanks" and we walk into the bar. My coworker asks if that happens often. I tell him that someone comments on the car at least once per week. He says that he has never had a stranger comment on his car in the year he's owned it.

I thought about it on the way home. There is something about the Marauder, at least in black, that speaks directly to the soul of guys. Few women I know appreciate the car, but guys, in particular forty-something guys, can't walk by the car without staring. The woman who sits next to me at work says that she's tired of hearing people talking about my car. So, today her husband stops by and he asks her who owns the Marauder.

When my wife is with me and someone says something about the car she'll say, "You like that don't you." And admittedly, I do. That Lexus sells for almost twice what I paid for the Marauder and doesn't get noticed. I've seen people walk past Corvettes to stare at the Marauder. The Big Black Car reaches out and grabs guys as they walk by.

Too cool!

This baby was made to be black!

Hard to keep clean, but there's nothing better looking when it is.

Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes owners buy their cars because of personal issues e.g. need for attention or to compensate for their small d****.

The engineering gap between American and foreign cars narrowed and then evaporated years ago.

Hopefully Car and Drivel (French owned, go figure) will realize this someday.

:rock:

UAW 588
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
You should see the smiles I get when I start my MM in the parking lot at the store. I guess it's throaty V8 exhaust, and it's still bone stock. Life is good. :banana:

03SILVERSTREAK
06-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Lets hope Silver does too :up:FIVE-O Trust me the Silverstreak here in NY gets a Lot of Attention . I get people in there cars follow me up close to see what it is Im driving . People in the Malls walk up to me and ask what kind of car is it . Young Ricers walk and drive up to me and ask "is this a new Souped-up Trooper car ?" . Even a NYSP Trooper rolled up to me , I flashed the Gold-One and he gave me a :up: so Silver is up there too . :cool: :up: :coolman: :cool4:

Patrick
06-18-2004, 12:44 AM
You should see the smiles I get when I start my MM in the parking lot at the store. I guess it's throaty V8 exhaust, and it's still bone stock. Life is good. :banana:

Add a set a flow masters Like I did and you wont belive the looks you will get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick
06-18-2004, 12:59 AM
I could go on about the MM. But I will just say this and I Luv the Blue, Silver and DTR MM they are special. But the Black with Chrome rims and big Chrome pipes with tinted windows just rules!!!! Add flows and crank up AC/DC Back in Black and just sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just has ATTITUDE all over it!!!!

mad man
06-18-2004, 04:08 AM
FIVE-O Trust me the Silverstreak here in NY gets a Lot of Attention . I get people in there cars follow me up close to see what it is Im driving . People in the Malls walk up to me and ask what kind of car is it . Young Ricers walk and drive up to me and ask "is this a new Souped-up Trooper car ?" . Even a NYSP Trooper rolled up to me , I flashed the Gold-One and he gave me a :up: so Silver is up there too . :cool: :up: :coolman: :cool4:Having had both colors. I will keep the silver. It still gets the looks :up:

martyo
06-18-2004, 04:12 AM
I think it's the bright chrome wheels.

These cars do not come with chrome wheels!

Can you say polished A L U M I N U M alloy?

Although, I think that the car would look way cool if the wheels were chromed!! :up:

Bluerauder
06-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Also the green one's :D :up: , the Marauder doesn't say snob it say's drive me and people see that. :D :beer:
I especially like the Green MM. Just don't get to see many around.
:lol:

Ross
06-18-2004, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE=jrzygrl] My Blue MM draws its share of comments, approving nods, thumbs up, and stares --- at least once a week. :up: /QUOTE]

Uuuuhhhh, Lynn, I think those people may be staring at you... :rolleyes:

merc406
06-18-2004, 07:23 AM
I especially like the Green MM. Just don't get to see many around.

You probably never will their's only maybe 6 ( ocean Turq.) 63's left. :D

Racerx88
06-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Having had both colors. I will keep the silver. It still gets the looks :up:

What he said.
:up:

teamrope
06-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes owners buy their cars because of personal issues e.g. need for attention or to compensate for their small d****.
:rock:
Their compensating for something... :D

David Morton
06-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Lets hope Silver does too :up:It does! I also get good comments from guys in 'beemers' and 'cedes' after I wax them at a red light. "Wow man! What's in that thing?" I just tell 'em it's not what's in their grandpaws Grand Marquis.

SHERIFF
06-18-2004, 11:10 AM
These cars do not come with chrome wheels!

Can you say polished A L U M I N U M alloy?

Although, I think that the car would look way cool if the wheels were chromed!! :up:

Yeah. But you knew what I meant. :banana2:

At least I didn't call them "bling bling" or "dubs"! I'm old school.

BillyGman
06-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Mine is black, and I get the same reactions from guys of ALL ages. And I mean from 12 to 70 yrs old. I think it might have a bit to do w/the mags, but I also think that it's mostly because of the great body style of these cars.

I've said this bazillion times on this board, but I think it bears(sp?) repeating......
The Marauder doesn't have that bland ugly jellybean/egg shaped bodystyle to it that most cars have today. The car simply has style to it regardless of how expensive or how inexpensive people consider it to be. And it's that body style that catches their eye. Especially the male's eye. I think that us guys have a tendency to pay more attention to shapes w/cars as well as w/other things if you know what I mean. Perhaps that's an attribute that we have that's physiological. Atleast that's what's been claimed by some anyway.

Bluerauder
06-18-2004, 11:49 AM
"...snip..." The Marauder doesn't have that bland ugly jellybean/egg shaped bodystyle to it that most cars have today. The car simply has style to it regardless of how expensive or how inexpensive people consider it to be. And it's that body style that catches their eye. Especially the male's eye. I think that us guys have a tendency to pay more attention to shapes w/cars as well as w/other things if you know what I mean. Perhaps that's an attribute that we have that's physiological. Atleast that's what's been claimed by some anyway.
You definitely got that right !!!! :up: It was the MM body style and looks that drew my attention. It's look is distinctive......

Patrick
06-18-2004, 12:01 PM
You definitely got that right !!!! :up: It was the MM body style and looks that drew my attention. It's look is distinctive......

:beer: :beer:

hitchhiker
06-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Yeah. But you knew what I meant. :banana2:

At least I didn't call them "bling bling" or "dubs"! I'm old school.

I don't speak ghetto either!