PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for image hosting?

MyBlackBeasts
09-15-2019, 06:58 PM
Ok, I've had it with Photobucket.

Going elsewhere.

Who/what do you use for image hosting???

Thanks, Bill.

Invective
09-15-2019, 07:17 PM
Ok, I've had it with Photobucket.

Going elsewhere.

Who/what do you use for image hosting???

Thanks, Bill.

Imgur has worked flawlessly for me, once I understood their system. My 1st real experience with an image hosting website.

cheapthrillb2
09-16-2019, 06:14 AM
I've been using Flickr

offroadkarter
09-16-2019, 11:41 AM
I started my own smugmug page long ago due to photobucket going to ****.

Imgur has worked flawlessly for me, once I understood their system. My 1st real experience with an image hosting website.

I'm not sure if they've changed their stance but for a while they were blocking any hotlinking of images to websites that "had a marketplace", so forums like svtperformance.com and mye28.com were not having pictures from imgur load due to those sites having for sale sections.

I've been using Flickr

Flickr should work fine, they recently got sold off by OATH/Verizon Media Group and acquired by SmugMug

MyBlackBeasts
09-16-2019, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Google search of Flickr Vs. Imagur resulted in article stating Flickr is better.

So Flickr it is!

Not looking forward to the migration, etc. :puke:

cheapthrillb2
09-16-2019, 05:19 PM
My only complaint with Flickr is that I haven't figured out how to post the image link from mobile app to a forum and have the pic show up. Works no problem on a desktop.

crouse
09-17-2019, 05:12 PM
SmugMug. I like it because you can set passwords on galleries.

Turbov6Bryan
09-20-2019, 05:43 AM
I use it too, how do you refind the old photos? It's definitely not simple

Invective
09-22-2019, 08:00 AM
I use it too, how do you refind the old photos? It's definitely not simple

I don't understand your question. Does Imgur put images into storage beyond a certain date or volume?