PDA

View Full Version : Totally incredible...Motorcycle Being Towed

Invective
10-11-2019, 05:01 PM
In NYC...

https://www.facebook.com/rydersalley/videos/967834810233800/?t=0 (https://www.facebook.com/rydersalley/videos/967834810233800/?t=0)

justbob
10-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Anything that deliberate and especially on camera should be repaired in full, depreciation paid, and an asshat fired and fined or jailed. If it was an owner/operator they should also have their permits pulled to no longer conduct business in NYC. Unbelievable the balls some have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gdsqdcr
10-12-2019, 11:24 AM
I cannot imagine any type of backstory where this would be an acceptable way to tow the motorcycle. It does not look it had been in a wreck, it was upright on its' stand, so why ... why would this guy winch it up there like that? I would demand a replacement, as the forks are likely jacked from yanking on the front wheel, the left is damaged ...

Mr. Man
10-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Bet it's a towing company with a contract with the King's Cty Sheriff's dept. They don't care at all what damage they do. When you balk about it they give you a form and say good luck claiming it. Ask me how I know.:mad2:

the fat bastid
10-12-2019, 11:43 AM
That dude and his employer are going to get real famous, real fast for the wrong reasons...

sailsmen
10-12-2019, 11:48 AM
That's what they do for Repo, the re-possessor owns it now.

That's why at auctions sold "as is where is".

Same as when the insurance company has your car towed to their salvage yard and they remove it from the tow truck with a fork lift. If it wasn't totaled before it is now.

justbob
10-12-2019, 12:19 PM
This sort of negligence only costs the banks and insurance companies more if it were a repo. I fail to see how they can approve this type of behavior.

I knew a repo guy 25 years ago before flatbeds and hidden wheel lifts became the more popular tool. Evidence of damage from the recovery outside of popped ignitions resulted in his agreed daily reposition allowance count to go down from three a day to two and he would have to go 30 days with less income until bumped back up. There was plenty of competition and the banks would not tolerate busted windows or break in damage.

What is seen on reality TV is not reality for 90% of the professionals out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MyBlackBeasts
10-12-2019, 06:11 PM
A client's Harley was towed when it broke down. The tow operator picked it up, hauled to client's house and then promptly dropped the bike on the paved drive from 4' height. Tow driver was drunk! Tow company paid all damages and lost their contract with us. It takes all kinds...

hotford
10-13-2019, 02:21 AM
Douche bags are everywhere!