PDA

View Full Version : Maddened Mopar seller crushes big-block ’70 Charger

Invective
11-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Serious mental disorder.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/10/31/maddened-mopar-seller-crushes-big-block-70-charger?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Daily_News_Monday_ Nov_4

Blakshukvw
11-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Perfect death for a dodge.

Ambitious1
11-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Perfect death for a dodge.

No. This is an iconic muscle car. This owner has a mental illness. There are multiple articles regarding this person. His name is Daniel Gagliardi and is in the Latham, NY area. He has a long record of being in prison and is known in the area for being mentally unbalanced. Many would argue that it is just a car and that an owner can do whatever they want to their car, but to do this to a classic muscle car is absolutely insane. He only hurt himself and his wallet. Probably created a nationwide list of enemies. Many of us grew up with these cars and loved them not just for their performance and design, but for the nostalgia effect of bringing us back to our youth. This degenerate lacks respect for any car fan or any car culture. He is known for lying. If you google the articles, his asking price was originally $11,500.00 and the car needed a full restoration. Still, he could have donated the car to a local high school for restoration which would have been tax deductible or even set up an auction where the buyers that showed up could have bid on the car. Either option would have padded his wallet and created a good reputation for him in the community. This shows the unfortunate mental processes of many people, especially in the NY area.

justbob
11-04-2019, 03:43 PM
I totally get it. Trying to sell things nowadays is literally a pain in the azz. Everything is all about the mighty dollar (usually 30% of asking price..) before going to see it or any other question about the thing you’re selling. THEN to get them to actually show up? That’s a laughing matter all by itself. I’ve thrown away countless items worth quite a good bit and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spectragod
11-04-2019, 05:27 PM
I concur, everyone says that they want an item, till there is a dollar figure attached to it, then they expect it for a third of what your asking, as I like to say, the trash can is closer.

Hell, if your giving stuff away, they want free shipping. The dollar has dropped on the marauder, you can buy them for the price of a Vic, so now you have a bunch of folks with 5k marauders complaining about the cost of parts or lack thereof, due to being specific to the car. Just smile and nod.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Invective
11-04-2019, 06:24 PM
No. This is an iconic muscle car. This owner has a mental illness. There are multiple articles regarding this person. His name is Daniel Gagliardi and is in the Latham, NY area. He has a long record of being in prison and is known in the area for being mentally unbalanced. Many would argue that it is just a car and that an owner can do whatever they want to their car, but to do this to a classic muscle car is absolutely insane. He only hurt himself and his wallet. Probably created a nationwide list of enemies. Many of us grew up with these cars and loved them not just for their performance and design, but for the nostalgia effect of bringing us back to our youth. This degenerate lacks respect for any car fan or any car culture. He is known for lying. If you google the articles, his asking price was originally $11,500.00 and the car needed a full restoration. Still, he could have donated the car to a local high school for restoration which would have been tax deductible or even set up an auction where the buyers that showed up could have bid on the car. Either option would have padded his wallet and created a good reputation for him in the community. This shows the unfortunate mental processes of many people, especially in the NY area.

+1. Very well stated IMO.

Joe Walsh
11-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Hey,
If you advertise anything on craigslist, you best expect a LOT of tire kickers, sight unseen lowballers, 'wanna tell you my story' blowhards and No Shows.....been there, done that.
Unbalanced dork could've sold the car and invested the proceeds in 'more better' medication!
Definitely a loonie! :loco:

He taught everyone a lesson didn't he....:shake:

Spectragod
11-04-2019, 08:14 PM
I’ve trashed lots of stuff I could have sold, his car, his choice. He may be crazy, but that’s his business. And he has video, so it did happen NFG...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offroadkarter
11-04-2019, 10:00 PM
I totally get it. Trying to sell things nowadays is literally a pain in the azz. Everything is all about the mighty dollar (usually 30% of asking price..) before going to see it or any other question about the thing you’re selling. THEN to get them to actually show up? That’s a laughing matter all by itself. I’ve thrown away countless items worth quite a good bit and never looked back.

He tried to immediately flip it for over twice what he paid, and when nobody played that game, he crushed his 4 grand "investment"

take that, capitalism!

hotford
11-04-2019, 11:15 PM
I could care less what he did...people do stupid **** all the time...this was just one of those moments......as for his state of mine and condition......that **** is all hear say justifying what he's done...…...only his Doctor can state to his mental condition and that's confidential.

Blakshukvw
11-05-2019, 01:19 AM
Who cares what other people think of you or your decisions? I personally don’t live my life for the response I’ll get from the idiots around me in the world. Maybe he’s sees things similarly.

Ambitious1
11-05-2019, 06:37 AM
Who cares what other people think of you or your decisions? I personally don’t live my life for the response I’ll get from the idiots around me in the world. Maybe he’s sees things similarly.

As I stated, Mr. Gagliardi is the one with the mental illness and is well-known in this area for his legal and mental health issues. The answer is quite simple, if a seller is unable to handle the sales process which includes being denied, turned down, delayed and low-ball offers, then he is in the wrong business. To react in this manner is simply in line with his mental illness and overall approach to life. The intelligent and reasonable mind would have found an alternative that would have benefited him and the possibly the community as well. He didn't. Mr. Gagliardi has already deleted some of his social accounts, including Facebook so he is already reaping the unfortunate consequences of his negative behavior. As much as people would like to think they can operate without concern of what other people think, no man is an island. The truly successful in this life always strives to create a positive result even in the face of adversity.

Ambitious1
11-05-2019, 06:41 AM

Duplicate Post. Please delete.

Invective
11-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Duplicate Post. Please delete.

Delete posting under 'Edit Post'.

chief455
11-05-2019, 02:45 PM
I've been in this hobby for 40 years. I've bought and sold hundreds of cars, tens of thousands of parts.
Buying and selling now is an absolute horror show compared to the percentage back in the news paper ad days.
I'm sitting on parts that SHOULD be worth money, heck, they sure were when I bought them!
But dealing with so much unnecessary B.S. from out of touch people in the car market, just deflates my desire to deal.
When I sell, my price is a 'sell it now' below market figure. Still, lowballers, no action at all, emails and calls -
but every now and then the item sells to a decent guy with no issues right away - they knew what they wanted and that mine was a bargain. THAT is the exception.

If that Charger is/was so iconic and valuable, where were the Gas Monkey rich buyers that snag rusty car shells to restore and profit from? Without even looking under the car....

I will absolutely burn a cheap car if the sale frustration drives me to it. Mine to do with as I please. The burning may bring me more satisfaction than the money, so ****k it.

justbob
11-05-2019, 03:32 PM
I've been in this hobby for 40 years. I've bought and sold hundreds of cars, tens of thousands of parts.
Buying and selling now is an absolute horror show compared to the percentage back in the news paper ad days.
I'm sitting on parts that SHOULD be worth money, heck, they sure were when I bought them!
But dealing with so much unnecessary B.S. from out of touch people in the car market, just deflates my desire to deal.
When I sell, my price is a 'sell it now' below market figure. Still, lowballers, no action at all, emails and calls -
but every now and then the item sells to a decent guy with no issues right away - they knew what they wanted and that mine was a bargain. THAT is the exception.

If that Charger is/was so iconic and valuable, where were the Gas Monkey rich buyers that snag rusty car shells to restore and profit from? Without even looking under the car....

I will absolutely burn a cheap car if the sale frustration drives me to it. Mine to do with as I please. The burning may bring me more satisfaction than the money, so ****k it.

Very well put! The money is nice but some of us don’t need it. I would have more satisfaction burning it as well then to give some asshat the deal of a lifetime.

Also true on the occasional cool buyer/seller. I’ve met a select few I still keep up in touch with. I miss buying from the Trading Times, the old school hot sheets before the internet. It came out on Thursday mornings and you had literally that morning to strike a deal or a long wait till next week!

Ambitious1
11-05-2019, 03:52 PM
If that Charger is/was so iconic and valuable, where were the Gas Monkey rich buyers that snag rusty car shells to restore and profit from?

The issue with this seller was that he actually never responded and never called a few potential buyers back. I knew of a couple of interested parties who attempted to reach out to him. No response. He simply put the car on the side of the road with a "For Sale" sign and expected people to show up and throw money at him. In addition, he was trying to sell a 70 Dodge Charger on the side of the road with no advertising and in an area which shuns American cars. The Upstate NY area is covered with Hondas, Toyotas and Kias. You see a thousand cheap imports for every one American car. So yes, it is going to be extremely difficult to sell an iconic muscle car in this area with the hopes that the right person just happens to drive by. If I was twenty-five years younger, I would have entertained buying the car. Of course, if I knew this degenerate was going to do what he did, I probably would have bought the car to save it and either try to restore it with help over a much longer period of time or re-sell it intelligently with the proper marketing and advertising. Just like this forum, there are plenty of Dodge Charger websites and forums which he could have posted to properly advertise the car. It's all about approaching the problem intelligently and working smart.