PDA

View Full Version : centercaps on ebay

duhtroll
06-20-2004, 07:44 PM
I know these are in high demand. Incidentally I just missed out on a set of '64 Marauder fender badges - it looks like some guy who is working on a '64 MM wanted them more. Oh well, I am badging with Logan/Marty's badges this week anyway.

There are two sets I found -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7906790661&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ARECO%3AU S%3A2

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7906790599&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ARECO%3AU S%3A2

-A

TripleTransAm
06-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Judging by the person who's got them for sale, it's the same guy who lifted my center caps a month or so ago. I can tell by the other items he has for sale. Unfortunately for him, he hit a few houses around my current neighborhood that are inhabited by the sort of folks who buy 1/2 million dollar homes cash, if you get my drift... and word on the street is that this poor bastard is running out of time...

Just goes to show that, like SgtMac said yesterday or so, that nothing is 100% secret...

03SILVERSTREAK
06-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Judging by the person who's got them for sale, it's the same guy who lifted my center caps a month or so ago. I can tell by the other items he has for sale. Unfortunately for him, he hit a few houses around my current neighborhood that are inhabited by the sort of folks who buy 1/2 million dollar homes cash, if you get my drift... and word on the street is that this poor bastard is running out of time...

Just goes to show that, like SgtMac said yesterday or so, that nothing is 100% secret...How did they remove your center caps with the wheel mounted on the car ? if you think you know PM me so as not to give any ideas to others out there...

TripleTransAm
06-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Screwdriver... or something similar. I can see some small dings in 2 of the 4 wheels around the edge of the holes.

Why do you think the caps wouldn't come off without removing the wheels? Are they supposed to be installed from the inside? If so, I probably screwed up the replacements... I popped them on from the outside, and they do seem to stick out a bit more than the originals...

03SILVERSTREAK
06-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Screwdriver... or something similar. I can see some small dings in 2 of the 4 wheels around the edge of the holes.

Why do you think the caps wouldn't come off without removing the wheels? Are they supposed to be installed from the inside? If so, I probably screwed up the replacements... I popped them on from the outside, and they do seem to stick out a bit more than the originals...Thanks for the info . I think I will try to look for a way to make it hard for removal... :bandit:

FiveO
06-20-2004, 08:51 PM
I need a couple of these for the godshead badge conversions....but I won't be getting them from eBay...

This guys feedback scares me too.

duhtroll
06-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Wow - I didn't even glance at the feedback. Hey TTA - I would be reacting much more violently were I suspecting these were stolen from me. I would arrange a purchase of any of the items and try for a local pick up. I'd show up with the police or maybe a baseball bat.

If that didn't work there's always ways to track someone down. If he's a registered ebay user you can get his info that way. You can also check police reports in the surrounding area for just this type of theft. Turn some LEOs on to this if you really think it's certain.

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Hey, if nothing else maybe this will accomplish some good.

Thanks,
-A

TripleTransAm
06-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I was pretty pissed when it happened... but not as pissed as some other folks in particular. Like I said, now that he's resurfaced, it's just a matter of time...

SHERIFF
06-21-2004, 07:03 PM
If any of you really think the center caps are off your car..... you should report it to your local law enforcement. Who in turn will find out where the seller is and communicate with the law enforcement agency in the seller's area.

This may sound like a silly suggestion........ but the Albemarle County, Virginia Police Department just busted a guy with thousands of stolen items in his house that were listed on eBaY. It all started when a resident of Albemarle County recognized a stolen train out of his house on eBaY. The Albemarle detective contacted the seller's local law enforcement agency (Culpeper, Va.) and they paid the seller a visit. The seller knew his own stupidty had led to his arrest, and he confessed all. He was making a living selling stolen stuff on eBaY. This tip could lead to a big arrest, just like in Albemarle County and Culpeper.

FiveO
06-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Anyone know what the center caps go for a piece from a Dealer?

I just need one for the front badge godshead conversion.

Trunk is going badgeless... :)

duhtroll
06-21-2004, 07:23 PM
I know they're 'spensive. I think somewhere in the neighborhood of $25-$35 apiece.

:depress:

-A

RCSignals
06-22-2004, 12:32 AM

Just goes to show that, like SgtMac said yesterday or so, that nothing is 100% secret...I suspect you are right. How many people, in Que especially, would innocently have not one, but two sets of used Marauder center caps to sell?
It's not like bone yards are full of these cars.

Contact eBay, and your local PD