PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno's 1958 Continental Mark III

Invective
03-31-2020, 07:55 AM
A fascinating time in the American automotive world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh1ZU_lUPWM

Joe Walsh
04-03-2020, 11:37 AM
WOW!

As Jay said....It looks like a George Barris Custom.
Rasberry paint, c0ck-eyed headlights, frenched lower front fenders, 'winglet' bumpers....all add up to a very unique, and very hideous design.

Invective
04-03-2020, 11:51 AM
WOW!

As Jay said....It looks like a George Barris Custom.
Rasberry paint, c0ck-eyed headlights, frenched lower front fenders, 'winglet' bumpers....all add up to a very unique, and very hideous design.

LOL!!! Recalling the 'Vision for the Greater Americana'. The world would soon be criss crossed with interstate highways, fuel stations, motels and shopping everywhere, everyone speaks english and the world would soon be a 'family of rainbow nations in paradise'. Land Chariots like this Lincoln were to take us into the glorious sunset...flying cars everywhere too by the 1970s. The Soviet Government promised its citizens that everyone would have their own private planes by 1975...

Mr. Man
04-03-2020, 12:55 PM
Always impressed with the machinery that it took to press that metal out compared todays shapes.

88LTDCV351
04-03-2020, 04:35 PM
I like it. Haven't met too many old cars that I didn't appreciate. New cars, well, not much actually excites me about most of them. Wouldn't mind getting a new Ford truck someday but that is about it.