PDA

View Full Version : Ford To Discontinue Mustang Shelby GT350: Exclusive

Invective
04-02-2020, 07:01 AM
https://fordauthority.com/2020/04/ford-to-sunset-mustang-shelby-gt350-after-2020/

sailsmen
04-02-2020, 07:30 PM
New Headline - FORD TO DISCONTINUE MAKING FORDS

Logan86
04-03-2020, 07:45 AM
The GT350 had its run but its not really a money maker for Ford now. They have more than recouped the R&D costs for the car and now with the GT500 out there is no incentive to run them concurrently. The GT500 is unobtainium at the moment so you if you ran both cars you would lose out on GT500 sales because the average guy would say "screw it, I will take a GT350" instead of waiting. I get their reasoning, its time has come and gone.

Now I am hoping with the return of the Mach 1 that we will see a decent performance car that lives true to the namesake. I am a little disappointed that they are using the new front end for it, I think that **** is hideous.

Invective
04-03-2020, 01:49 PM
The GT350 had its run but its not really a money maker for Ford now. They have more than recouped the R&D costs for the car and now with the GT500 out there is no incentive to run them concurrently. The GT500 is unobtainium at the moment so you if you ran both cars you would lose out on GT500 sales because the average guy would say "screw it, I will take a GT350" instead of waiting. I get their reasoning, its time has come and gone.

Now I am hoping with the return of the Mach 1 that we will see a decent performance car that lives true to the namesake. I am a little disappointed that they are using the new front end for it, I think that **** is hideous.

https://www.rkmotors.com/blog/2021-Ford-Mustang

sailsmen
04-04-2020, 07:01 AM
"The situation won’t be turning around for the better any time soon, as consumers continue to flock to crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks and away from sedans and sport coupes. For proof, look no further than the fact that the “traditional” Mustang will soon be joined by the Mustang Mach-E – a crossover-like hatch that also happens to be Ford’s first dedicated electric vehicle.".