PDA

View Full Version : 5.0L Coyote - 6R80 2003 Marauder

Invective
04-05-2020, 12:19 PM
A blast from the past but new to me. Quite interesting. Prepare to mute depending on your taste in music. Author stated Marauder was heading to the Salvage Yard when he picked it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoOJlVbvoT4

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?98489-Turbocharged-Coyote-6R80-Swap-Build-Discussion-Thread-Pics-info-inside!

Peace2Peep
04-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Yeah...pretty cool job, wish he'd have put a supercharger on it...so much work, why not?

Invective
04-06-2020, 11:28 AM
Yeah...pretty cool job, wish he'd have put a supercharger on it...so much work, why not?

I suspect hood clearance.

RubberCtyRauder
04-06-2020, 01:57 PM
He sold it to a member who turbocharged it.

justbob
04-06-2020, 02:33 PM
The original owner/poster did a single turbo immediately after the original build.

It was Motown who bought it after the guy hinted that “everything’s for sale” and Roger upgraded the turbo, some miscellaneous components, and tied up a few loose ends.

I left a link in one of the hundred check out this video Invective threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

96gt4.6
04-16-2020, 08:50 AM
Man do I miss that car! THE best build I have done to date.

Bob is correct. I did it N/A first, then did the turbo immediately after. I wanted to see what a stock Coyote could do in a Marauder, then boosted. Sold it before I made it back down the 1320 with the turbo setup.

Car ran 15.4@85 all stock

13.4@103 Stock Coyote

Need some help though.....anyone know how this ole girl is doing nowadays?? I have been curious for so long how this car is doing.....

Themarauderguy
04-17-2020, 11:06 AM
Man do I miss that car! THE best build I have done to date. Oh yes man I remember when you did this build. I just wish you would have kept it. and finished the turbo part and made some videos for us hadn't seen much of this car since Motown. Got it. I too miss my Marauder had to have two surgeries last year and ended up having to sell both my Marauders. One was supercharged sure was a bummer. but maybe Financial things will come together one day and I can get another one. I hope?! definitely my favorite car I've ever owned.

Bob is correct. I did it N/A first, then did the turbo immediately after. I wanted to see what a stock Coyote could do in a Marauder, then boosted. Sold it before I made it back down the 1320 with the turbo setup.

Car ran 15.4@85 all stock

13.4@103 Stock Coyote

Need some help though.....anyone know how this ole girl is doing nowadays?? I have been curious for so long how this car is doing.....
Guess put that in the wrong place. Lol