PDA

View Full Version : Buick Grand National w/Hellcat Swap = Hell National

Ambitious1
05-05-2020, 11:43 PM
I don’t quite know what to think of this. Man buys rotting Buick Grand National with the intent of saving it. Instead of restoring the OEM turbocharged V6, he swaps in a Hellcat engine. According to the article, he also puts in a Ford differential and Tesla brakes. I would have thought he would have greater resale value if he kept the OEM turbocharged V6. The “Hell National” as he calls it, isn’t quite finished but the third video in the article shows the engine running:

https://www.torquenews.com/106/meet-worlds-first-hellcat-powered-buick-grand-national/amp

Joe Walsh
05-06-2020, 10:30 AM
Interesting rolling abortion.....errrr....... Frankencar.
The OEM Buick Turbo V6 was a VERY stout engine, no need to hack a Hellcat engine into it.
Ojeda's Hell National....should be renamed the; Oh Hell No!

Logan86
05-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

musclemerc
05-07-2020, 01:30 PM
No worse then all the LS swaps going on.
Dude wants to go fast!

Joe Walsh
05-07-2020, 04:40 PM
No....dude wants to be 'different'..... wowee!
You can go crazy fast in a modded Buick GN...no need for a lame LS swap...Zzzzzz
nor a Hellcat swap.
Save those for the seriously slow OEM rides.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Turbov6Bryan
05-09-2020, 10:02 AM
The gn motor isnt that stout. Itll only run mid to high 8s in a factory 109 block in a full weight car. What sucks is spending 15 grand into the motor to make it do it, for one or two seasons. If you built a stage1 or stage2 block and heads, the bare block is 20 pounds heavier and will support over 1500 horse. But the block alone is 3500.00 and thats before its final machining. Buick parts are not cheap, i can see why he went with a v8. More reliable power...

Joe Walsh
05-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Mid to high 8s on the OEM block!?
Is that all....??
:D

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk