PDA

View Full Version : Access to the flexplate-to-crankshaft bolts

04SilverBirch
06-04-2020, 03:32 PM
I have a knock at the back of the motor. From what I know there is an access panel to get to the flexplate-to-torque converter bolts, and this weekend I'm going to investigate each bolt to see if they're all tight. Is there any way to get to the crank bolts as well (without pulling the transmission)?

MyBlackBeasts
06-04-2020, 04:02 PM
I have a knock at the back of the motor. From what I know there is an access panel to get to the flexplate-to-torque converter bolts, and this weekend I'm going to investigate each bolt to see if they're all tight. Is there any way to get to the crank bolts as well (without pulling the transmission)?

No, there is not.

RubberCtyRauder
06-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Could be crack in flex plate, it has happened to others and makes noise

04SilverBirch
06-04-2020, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys. Tomorrow or Saturday I'll check the torque converter bolts and if they're tight I'll pull off the starter and see if I can wiggle the flexplate.

justbob
06-04-2020, 08:06 PM
Removing the starter on these suck. You won’t find any wiggle, if you did it would have already grenaded. Just look for stress cracks thru the access hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

04SilverBirch
06-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Found no stress and no loose bolts. It’s honestly not even that loud. Could be a cat going bad. I’ll just ignore it for now.

Mr. Man
06-05-2020, 11:44 AM
Might be an exhaust manifold leak. Not uncommon.