PDA

View Full Version : lil 'sis is getting towed in for a list

Bradley G
07-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Prolly not the shrewdest decision I've ever made but the trusty rusty Marquis is getting a new Motorcraft fuel pump assembly, A/C complete new kit including; evap bottle, orifice screen thingy,, , compressor , condenser ,lubricant.
Motorcraft new power steering pump and both hoses, serpentine belt, front and rear brakes (pads only), fuel filter,
rear
air bags may need some type or retainer clips to keep them snug.
Yes , more than than the vehicle is worth but the drivetrain is way sturdy and has been in the family since 2005.
The main reason for the delay to get busy with this was to find a mechanic who was willing to weld a crack in the frame
passenger side front.
I thought a full frame (body on frame) car wouldn't have issues such as this.

Mr. Man
07-24-2020, 01:52 PM
Prolly not the shrewdest decision I've ever made but the trusty rusty Marquis is getting a new Motorcraft fuel pump assembly, A/C complete new kit including; evap bottle, orifice screen thingy,, , compressor , condenser ,lubricant.
Motorcraft new power steering pump and both hoses, serpentine belt, front and rear brakes (pads only), fuel filter,
rear
air bags may need some type or retainer clips to keep them snug.
Yes , more than than the vehicle is worth but the drivetrain is way sturdy and has been in the family since 2005.
The main reason for the delay to get busy with this was to find a mechanic who was willing to weld a crack in the frame
passenger side front.
I thought a full frame (body on frame) car wouldn't have issues such as this.Well if you drive like your Bo Duke these things happen.:D:P

Guittard22
07-24-2020, 02:04 PM
If it don't work out I got a Crown Victoria for sale with a ton of parts going with it .

But good luck,, people get afraid to work on older cars.- sucks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

justbob
07-24-2020, 03:18 PM
What’s the problem with welding a frame? Welding doesn’t get much more basic than that! That’s every day practice at a truck or trailer repair shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bradley G
07-24-2020, 03:50 PM
Guilty !
Not for the past couple years though.

Guittard22
07-24-2020, 03:51 PM
Guilty !
Not for the past couple years though.Sorry box is full boss -

Chefguittard@gmail.com

If you need me

Bradley G
07-24-2020, 04:09 PM
I did not know that , I have only car dealer experience which would not assume any liability for a frame repair.
We were turned down from a reputable repair facility that has done some work on the car.
The front end was just rebuilt ball joints, tie rods, idler arm, rear suspension Limo air bags and new air pump.
New tires ,struts & shocks starter and battery .If we get a couple years or even several months , I can live with that .

Guittard22
07-24-2020, 09:05 PM
I did not know that , I have only car dealer experience which would not assume any liability for a frame repair.
We were turned down from a reputable repair facility that has done some work on the car.
The front end was just rebuilt ball joints, tie rods, idler arm, rear suspension Limo air bags and new air pump.
New tires ,struts & shocks starter and battery .If we get a couple years or even several months , I can live with that .E-mail sent

Bradley G
07-26-2020, 02:47 PM
I got bad information from the shop that refused to weld the cracked frame. The shop owner claimed they couldn't get any fuel pressure to get it started.
The fellow doing the work had it up on jack stands and started it several times.
Now I have parts that are going back to RockAuto.
The mechanic thinks the A/c will only require the compressor replaced and some O rings, since it worked prior to the compressor siezing up..
turns out one of the fuel tank straps was busted. and I still need rear brake pads and possibly the component that adjusts the rear ride height.

Joe Walsh
07-26-2020, 03:42 PM
Unfortunately no one wants to weld up cracked frames anymore.....too many liability/ambulance chasing lawyers who 'lick their chops' over repaired frames.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bradley G
07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
My experience was always "no go" at the new dealerships with anything safety related.

Grimrepairman
07-26-2020, 08:08 PM
I've repaired and or modified multiple frames in my career, ranging from cars to heavy duty trucks and trailers. It's not difficult for a relatively competent welder/ fabricator. Naturally it's not something a dealership will even remotely consider for multiple reasons liability being the main one.
Shop around and you should be able to find someone capable and willing to do the work.