PDA

View Full Version : Something amiss here? Or not?

MERCMAN
06-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Ok, I was giving the MM a good going over and noticed that underneath both front seats, the seat "cover" (the leather) was not attached at the bottom, it was just waving in the breeze. I checked the passenger side and it is the same thing WTF?? There is a grooved white plastic piece attached to the end of the cover, but for the life of me, I can't find anywhere on the frame where it attaches. HELP!! :confused:

Pictures are almost impossible unless I stand on my head. (No SA comments here :lol: )

darebren
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
it is a wierd fitting piece, you need to grab it, twist it upside down and push it onto the metal frame..some glue helped me..to make it stay

MarauderMark
06-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok, I was giving the MM a good going over and noticed that underneath both front seats, the seat "cover" (the leather) was not attached at the bottom, it was just waving in the breeze. I checked the passenger side and it is the same thing WTF?? There is a grooved white plastic piece attached to the end of the cover, but for the life of me, I can't find anywhere on the frame where it attaches. HELP!! :confused:

Pictures are almost impossible unless I stand on my head. (No SA comments here :lol: )

I noticed this when using Dennis's car.and forgot to tell him about it..

jaywish
06-23-2004, 01:43 PM
There is a pretty big thread about this here somewhere.

If I remember correctly the solutions go from glue to sheet metal screws.

Mines still flopping around at 5K miles.

cyclone03
06-23-2004, 04:58 PM
I had to remove the seat,flip it over and force(?) the plastic piece into place.
No glue or screws required.
20000 miles now and it's still in place.
BTW in tried for 5000 miles to get it to stay in place before I removed the seat.
It takes a good smack to get it to stay.

Patrick
06-23-2004, 05:11 PM
No Prob here

MERCMAN
06-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Just noticed that it is the same way on my lincoln,, DAYUM,, GRRRR :(

Marauder8
06-24-2004, 05:43 AM
So much for quality control :shake: