PDA

View Full Version : RE: Advice Requested / Leak

Ambitious1
12-16-2020, 11:33 AM
I am looking for some advice from anyone that has experience. This morning when I went out to the car, I noticed a leak coming from the driver's side of the radiator core support or air deflector at the bottom of the radiator near the front of the car. The fluid leaking is clear and looks more like new oil than antifreeze and there is no green-colored fluid anywhere. The leak on the ground is about 6 inches in diameter. I checked the oil and antifreeze levels and they are at the correct full levels. I have attached pictures and circled where the fluid seems to be leaking. Would anyone know? Thank you in advance.

blazen71
12-16-2020, 01:29 PM
Power steering cooler/lines, "IF" you have clear power steering fluid.

marauderrocks51
12-16-2020, 02:43 PM
add dye to the ps system . find the leak

fastblackmerc
12-16-2020, 03:16 PM
Does it feel like oil?

What does it smell like?

I bet it's just some condensation.

Ambitious1
12-16-2020, 05:21 PM
Does it feel like oil?
Yes, it does feel like oil or similar fluid.

What does it smell like?
No smell at all.

I thought it might have been some condensation as well, but it has been steadily dripping small drips all day and I haven't driven it since this morning. Since the oil and antifreeze levels haven't changed all day, but it continues to drip, I am now thinking power steering fluid as well. I am not as young as I used to be, so I am going to take it to the dealer Friday morning and find out what they say.

Comin' in Hot
12-16-2020, 07:50 PM
If it’s clear, power steering fluid.... that being said I had a radiator leak where the side tanks were attached and had to be replaced.