PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules Clarification

Dan
06-25-2004, 05:54 PM
I have a request for clarification of the forum agreement.

From the original agreement I read and agreed to when I signed on...
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of MercuryMarauder.net Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I suppose that it might have been considered in poor tast to start a thread called Priest Jokes but as someone who has laughed a lawyer jokes, holiday jokes, blond jokes, and many other types of jokes I figured it would be taken in stride by those who now have to take their turn in the spotlight of humor. Heck, we all laughed at President jokes during the Clinton years and many of us laughed at a Cheech and Chong skit of the Pope doing Mass at the Vatican.

So, I guess I just want clarification of the forum policy on humor so that I can make sure to avoid posting things that would be considered off limits.

I think that it would be better knowing up front than finding out after the fact that I made a mistake. I do not want to be a rule breaker and am asking because I think it might be helpful to know.

Thanks for any clarification offered. Please don't delete or lock this thread. I think that the question is a good one and is being asked for good reasons.

Best,

Dan

HwyCruiser
06-25-2004, 06:06 PM
:confused:

Dan,

Don't know what ^^^ is about, but you must have found the line. Step back, take one last look at it, then shrug it off and motor on. :burnout:

Life's too short. Just try to enjoy it... my $0.02.

- JD

Dan
06-25-2004, 06:13 PM
:confused: is what I thought, too.

I hope it does not sound like I am upset. I am just curious. I honestly am glad it took me this long to find the line. :) And I truly would like clarification. :)

Best,

Dan

MARAUDER S/C #5
06-25-2004, 06:13 PM
GO FOR IT ! :cool:

Patrick
06-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey Dan maybe this will help clarrify a few things. First this our Home. And we can discuss pretty much what we want. Thier is no CLEAR line of what can be disscussed or shared. Over the last almost 2 yrs I have been here I have found the boundries. I missed the Thread on the Preists, maybe a good thing, being Catholic I might be offended. If I would have been I would have PM you and expressed opinion. And we could go from thier.

I dont contribute to MM (Personall) so I am not obligated and this just my .02. But Logan is the boss. And he IS paying for us to be here! I dont always agree with his ideas but thats my opion and If I have a prob I will get with him. I havent yet so!

I agree with your point on being notified about a thread being closed.

Just enjoy the site and have fun. We all share different intrests.

Later, Patrick

TripleTransAm
06-25-2004, 07:00 PM
So, I guess I just want clarification of the forum policy on humor so that I can make sure to avoid posting things that would be considered off limits.

I suppose jokes involving Logan are out of the question...

martyo
06-25-2004, 07:05 PM
I suppose jokes involving Logan are out of the question...

Naaa! Logan is okay and has a sense of humor (he tolerates Todd doesn't he?).

Logan
06-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Honestly folks, I use no hard fast rule other than what I find to be generally offensive or has the potential to be offensive to others.

Generally a thread will be nuked if A) it, on it's face is offensive or B) contains more offensive content than I'm willing to edit by hand, or C) Really can lead down no road other than generally pissing someone off, which in turn results in more work for me, hence, I usually nip it in the butt before goes that far.

Bottom line, let common sense be your guide, but understand that it's my intent to keep the site generally viewable by the entire family. Being a father of twin two year olds, that's probably made me more sensitive than I probably should be, but well.... that's just the way it is.

Seriously, if I remove a thread and you DON'T get a email from me, that's a GOOD thing. That means it wasn't a big deal, don't worry about it.

If I remove a thread and you DO get an email, chances are, that email isn't going to be very friendly and your account is most likely already been terminated.

See? Simple.

Patrick
06-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Honestly folks, I use no hard fast rule other than what I find to be generally offensive or has the potential to be offensive to others.

Generally a thread will be nuked if A) it, on it's face is offensive or B) contains more offensive content than I'm willing to edit by hand, or C) Really can lead down no road other than generally pissing someone off, which in turn results in more work for me, hence, I usually nip it in the butt before goes that far.

Bottom line, let common sense be your guide, but understand that it's my intent to keep the site generally viewable by the entire family. Being a father of twin two year olds, that's probably made me more sensitive than I probably should be, but well.... that's just the way it is.

Seriously, if I remove a thread and you DON'T get a email from me, that's a GOOD thing. That means it wasn't a big deal, don't worry about it.

If I remove a thread and you DO get an email, chances are, that email isn't going to be very friendly and your account is most likely already been terminated.

See? Simple.

:up: My twins

martyo
06-25-2004, 07:58 PM

Then you will see Logan in his favorite pose:

http://www.streetracingforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=322378

Garfield
06-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Dan the deck is stacked.

Push the envelope and see for yourself!

stevengerard
06-25-2004, 09:04 PM
My twins

At least your twins are standing, mine would be pushing each other out, they are named Bump and Stitch.

jspradii
06-25-2004, 09:13 PM
:confused: is what I thought, too.

I hope it does not sound like I am upset. I am just curious. I honestly am glad it took me this long to find the line. :) And I truly would like clarification. :)

Best,

Dan
Try "Joke of the Day" . I think it covers all bases and happens to be a pretty popular thread. Priest jokes? Damn, I missed it. My priest loves "priest" jokes. Oh well!:beer:

Patrick
06-25-2004, 09:17 PM
At least your twins are standing, mine would be pushing each other out, they are named Bump and Stitch.

They tried to after I took that picture!!!! Bump and Stitich??? Must be be Boys! I call the girls "Nutin Butt trouble!!!!" Still luv em!!!

jspradii
06-25-2004, 09:17 PM

See? Simple.
Logan.....a user friendly kind of guy! My teenagers have read this site and are astounded at how "civil" it is. Your work makes it so. Thanks!!

Jim:beer:

woaface
06-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Oh man, I just went straight to Logan's post, and I knew this thread was completely stupid. If Logan has to repeat the rules, it's stupid. This seems a waste of effort and space.:fire:

Garfield
06-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Well James we are not as smart as you:)

Patrick
06-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Oh man, I just went straight to Logan's post, and I knew this thread was completely stupid. If Logan has to repeat the rules, it's stupid. This seems a waste of effort and space.:fire:

No its NOT stupid. Dan is fairly new here, so lets cut him some slack!!!! And we do have new members that might not know the rules and can benifit from this thread?????

Lets not go out to the wood shed after your trip!!!
:lol: :lol:

Logan
06-25-2004, 10:18 PM
James as Patrick indicated, not everyone has been around here for a long. You can always expect questions like this. They're valid so long as I don't have to repeat myself all that often... :)

It's all good...

JamesHecker
06-25-2004, 11:28 PM
:confused:

...you must have found the line. Step back, take one last look at it, then shrug it off and motor on. :burnout:

Life's too short. Just try to enjoy it... my $0.02.

- JD

I just liked the way you put this. thought I'ld let ya know.

Dan
06-26-2004, 04:48 AM

I would say that this thread is no more stupid than pulling a u-turn (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10214&highlight=turn) and then lying to a cop about going to a friends house when that house is in the other direction or an Acura dealer when it was closed.. :)

Ahh, I may be newer but I have a good memory. And I am not trying to insult you, my fellow Marauder fan. What I am simply trying to do is highlight that we all do things that others can question the intelligence of but don't necessarily voice it out of the mutual respect that we give our Marauder brethren. :)

I think that my question was legitimate. As the head moderator of a very successful BBS myself I wanted to see what the answer was. On our BBS we have a Moderator team of 5 people who watch the threads. We have a process by which a thread is first temporarily moved to a Moderator only section for reveiw by the team prior to a final decision being made. It is just a different process than what Logan uses.

I don't know if I personally agree with it but I obviously picked up on the processes and management styles that Logan uses or I would not have tried to kiss as much butt in my post. I would have been more angry and demanded information. Of course, that won't work here.

To Logan and the others who answered it, thanks. The forum guidelines seemed just a little vague to me and, since I had just had a thread deleted, I felt it appropriate to ask why.

Best,

Dan

Garfield
06-26-2004, 06:26 AM
What I am simply trying to do is highlight that we all do things that others can question the intelligence of but don't necessarily voice it out of the mutual respect that we give our Marauder brethren. :)

Best,
Dan
Well Dan here is the "rub", If you are a "special" person you can get away with anything!:fire:

Sometimes mutual respect is a one way street here:shot:

Dan
06-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Well Dan here is the "rub", If you are a "special" person you can get away with anything!:fire:

Umm, what does that mean?

woaface
06-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Ok, that's fine...but how I deal with an officer of the law has nothing to do with what I post here. I'm sorry I made that comment, it was inconsiderate.

SILVERMARAUDER
06-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Ok, that's fine...but how I deal with an officer of the law has nothing to do with what I post here. I'm sorry I made that comment, it was inconsiderate.
nice save james!

Dan
06-26-2004, 04:37 PM

James,

All is forgiven. It take a little more than a BBS flame or a thread deletion to get me mad. :)

To explain the relevance of the analogy... we all occasionally do things that others could consider (pauses for right word) unwise and it is our mutual respect that keeps things peaceful and friendly towards each other when we see it.

So, with that said... I look forward to the day I can buy you a :beer:. If I can make it to Indy then perhaps that day will come sooner.

Best,

Dan

Patrick
06-26-2004, 05:05 PM
And all is well MMville!!! Hey Dan check his sig. :beer: ? I would buy and say its for FREIND!!! All is well!!!

Bigdogjim
06-26-2004, 05:24 PM
James,

To explain the relevance of the analogy... we all occasionally do things that others could consider (pauses for right word) unwise and it is our mutual respect that keeps things peaceful and friendly towards each other when we see it.
Dan

Hi Dan! good point you have thier! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/x/bubble.gif

Logan does what he can to keep folks on the up and up :baaa:

I'll buy you a :beer: at indy :baaa:

CRUZTAKER
06-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Hi Jim...nice to see you posting again!!!

woaface
06-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Man it is nice to be back! Ok, I understand that Dan, very cool indeed. Hey, if you make it to Indy, my dad won't let you buy me a beer.:D

chrish
06-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Get real freaky nerds

SHERIFF
06-26-2004, 09:36 PM
I have some experience in this subject, Dan. So here's what I know......

Do not post subjects in which you might link to a video where the U S Armed Forces are doing what they do best in Iraq. My subject was deleted and classified as "too graphic" before the ink dried on the page. :baaa:

Patrick
06-26-2004, 09:42 PM
I have some experience in this subject, Dan. So here's what I know......

Do not post subjects in which you might link to a video where the U S Armed Forces are doing what they do best in Iraq. My subject was deleted and classified as "too graphic" before the ink dried on the page. :baaa:

LOST!!!!!!!!!!!

SHERIFF
06-26-2004, 09:55 PM
LOST!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh? :confused:

Bigdogjim
06-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Man it is nice to be back! Ok, I understand that Dan, very cool indeed. Hey, if you make it to Indy, my dad won't let you buy me a beer.:D

OK no sweat! We just get you a soda pop :lol:

And by the way if you miss it after only a week try a month :shot:

Dan
06-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Yeah, I figured your age might be a hinderance to that but it is the thought that counts. :)

woaface
06-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Well it was appreciated...but I don't drink anything carbonated either...I just don't like it:shot:

Bluerauder
06-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Well it was appreciated...but I don't drink anything carbonated either...I just don't like it:shot:
How about Mango Drinks?? :D

Patrick
06-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Huh? :confused:

It was a drive by!!!!!!!! Ignore my response!!!

Patrick
06-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I figured your age might be a hinderance to that but it is the thought that counts. :)

:up: :up: :up:

Dan
06-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Sheriff,

Please PM the link to me. Our goderator may not have the tummy for it but I do. :lol:

Thanks,

Dan

PS: Now look what I did.

Patrick
06-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Get real freaky nerds

Prob? :confused: :confused:

Logan
06-27-2004, 06:03 PM
"Goderator"? Please. If you don't like how I do things, the virtual door is that a way...Pls feel free to keep on truckin'.

Enjoy the site, or get hung up on the way I run it. Either way doesn't really matter to me. Most people visiting the site enjoy the civility that this site embodies and that's why it continues to be run as it is.

Important thing to note is I am one of those "works 80 hours a week and tries to spend the rest with his family, not the computer, type of guys".

So, as a result, I almost always take the path of least impact to me and my time, so if it's easiest for me to simply delete something rather than spend two days trying to explain myself, then that's the road I take. The surprising thing to me is how absolutely little I care whether people approve of the philosophy or not.

On that note, I've had quite enough of the drivel this thread has produced.