PDA

View Full Version : Crackling/popping exhaust

justbob
04-21-2021, 03:13 PM
Can we be done with this fad soon?

It started off on high end exotics and wasn’t all that noticeable, a nice small crackle in between shifts that sounded pretty damn good! Now it seems every tuners first mod, especially cheap POS’s. And it’s beyond annoying having to follow their WAY over the top sounding like a broken ass backfiring junk box..

Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Peace2Peep
04-21-2021, 04:45 PM
I remember when a burble was considered sexy...and "backfiring" was embarrassing! Ha! Boy, I'm getting "old man" mentality now! LOL I do not like it!!

Joe Walsh
04-21-2021, 06:33 PM
Can we be done with this fad soon?

It started off on high end exotics and wasn’t all that noticeable, a nice small crackle in between shifts that sounded pretty damn good! Now it seems every tuners first mod, especially cheap POS’s. And it’s beyond annoying having to follow their WAY over the top sounding like a broken ass backfiring junk box..

Discuss.

I think I've identified the problem here......
I do my absolute best to leave* those Rice Crispy (Snap Crackle & Pop) Ricer Retards behind me.....
sucking on MY exhaust fumes!

*Its not too hard to road rape any of those piles of steaming, underpowered crap.

And wouldn't ya' know .... I can NEVER find one of those little POS cars when I'm driving the 427 Cobra!!!
:mad2:

All I want to do is to demonstrate to the Rice Tards what a real engine sounds like and what it sounds like through 4" sidepipes.....:D

justbob
04-21-2021, 08:18 PM
I think I've identified the problem here......
I do my absolute best to leave* those Rice Crispy (Snap Crackle & Pop) Ricer Retards behind me.....
sucking on MY exhaust fumes!

*Its not too hard to road rape any of those piles of steaming, underpowered crap.

And wouldn't ya' know .... I can NEVER find one of those little POS cars when I'm driving the 427 Cobra!!!
:mad2:

All I want to do is to demonstrate to the Rice Tards what a real engine sounds like and what it sounds like through 4" sidepipes.....:D

Truth! But this latest one that caused me to vent out loud today was being followed in my work van. It has a hard enough time spinning the tires in snow.. Eventually he got in the left turn lane and when I passed I also noticed he was missing a fender and front bumper. I guessing to show off his new intercooler he had mounted in case you couldn’t hear him from the front? [emoji6]

I honestly do my very best to ignore their taunts when I’m in my car. It just seems silly to possibly get tickets over something that we both know who is gonna win that fight. Of course there is always exceptions after enough poking..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joe Walsh
04-22-2021, 07:25 AM
Truth! But this latest one that caused me to vent out loud today was being followed in my work van. It has a hard enough time spinning the tires in snow.. Eventually he got in the left turn lane and when I passed I also noticed he was missing a fender and front bumper. I guessing to show off his new intercooler he had mounted in case you couldn’t hear him from the front? [emoji6]

I honestly do my very best to ignore their taunts when I’m in my car.
It just seems silly to possibly get tickets over something that we both know who is gonna win that fight.
Of course there is always exceptions after enough poking..

I know what you mean....I rarely 'engage' with one of these idiots because it is not worth a HUGE ticket to prove what is already known.

Also, these 'Tards are willing to run at WOT (85 mph is the maximum speed in their turds) for miles and miles.
I'm only willing to run a quick 125 mph blast (allegedly) , then go back to normal cruising speed.

BlkBtty
04-26-2021, 03:56 PM
Totally agree..Im in my sleeper grocery getter and those little punks sit next to me and rev the motor incessantly at the light....little do they know this ol lady can tree a light with the best of em..

They never see it coming.....hahah.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk