PDA

View Full Version : Advice Requested: Side marker / Corner

Ambitious1
05-16-2021, 08:38 AM
I would like to ask for some advice. I am replacing the front side corner marker assembly bulb on my MM. I am missing the bottom flange nut. I went to Ace, Lowe's, Advance, NAPA and Home Depot with no luck. The ones the stores carry have a flange that is much smaller. The store reps just shrug their shoulders. I don't know if the stores around here don't carry it or don't have it in stock. Would any one have the specific part number or name for the part? Thank you in advance.

MM03
05-16-2021, 09:48 AM
How about going to a pull a part wrecking yard and getting one off a Crown Vic or MGM? A little time consuming but if all else fails it may be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambitious1
05-16-2021, 09:50 AM
I absolutely agree with you. That was my first stop yesterday. Unfortunately, the local yards around here haven't had a CV or MGM for a couple of years now.

Mr. Man
05-16-2021, 10:19 AM
I would imagine Ford uses the same nuts on a lot of their cars. Check other Fords at the junkyard.

Ambitious1
05-16-2021, 03:58 PM
I would imagine Ford uses the same nuts on a lot of their cars. Check other Fords at the junkyard.

I didn't think of that. That's a great idea. I will go back and check out a few Expeditions, Explorers or Ford five hundreds. Thank you.

Mr. Man
05-17-2021, 01:09 PM
As my wife says 'I aim to please, you aim too please":beer:

fastblackmerc
05-17-2021, 02:16 PM
Just use the one you can get eventhough the flange is small... as long as it won't fall thru the hole. Or get a larger diameter washer to put on before the one you can get.