PDA

View Full Version : PayPal friends and family

justbob
05-31-2021, 08:06 AM
I’ve been seeing this for years “Friends and family or you pay the 3%”. Be careful! I was taken for a $1,500 transmission in 2013 that was never shipped. Excuse after excuse slowly turned into a never responding ghost and this was from a long time, high post count, seemingly trusting member of SVTPerformance.

PayPal will do absolutely ZERO for you in handling disputes. In my case they finally ended up opening a case but only because I did the leg work of getting my bank and the Sheriffs internet crimes dept on board and proved so with case ID #’s.

So now that I had all three backing me up I sent this deadbeat a text suggesting it would be in his best interest to refund immediately in full and laid out the three reasons just why and included all parties involved, contact names, phone numbers, and case ID’s.

My account showed a full refund in under 20 minutes after a six week ordeal...

Pay the 3%!!! It’s not that much money, a whole lot less legwork / aggravation, and peace of mind if you suddenly find yourself in need of help. Or for you sellers, do everyone a favor and just add in your costs like some of us have always done.

I only mentioned the one time it could have hurt, but in reality this was the second time I’ve had a problem. Luckily I paid the fee this second time (and all others since sir deadbeat) and it was handled quickly and swiftly thru PayPal alone.

Not bashing on anyone here in particular but we do see a lot of first time posters coming here with only an intent to sell and I’ve read of couple of threads of members being stiffed over the years regarding ghost sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spectragod
05-31-2021, 01:43 PM
I’ve been seeing this for years “Friends and family or you pay the 3%”. Be careful! I was taken for a $1,500 transmission in 2013 that was never shipped. Excuse after excuse slowly turned into a never responding ghost and this was from a long time, high post count, seemingly trusting member of SVTPerformance.

PayPal will do absolutely ZERO for you in handling disputes. In my case they finally ended up opening a case but only because I did the leg work of getting my bank and the Sheriffs internet crimes dept on board and proved so with case ID #’s.

So now that I had all three backing me up I sent this deadbeat a text suggesting it would be in his best interest to refund immediately in full and laid out the three reasons just why and included all parties involved, contact names, phone numbers, and case ID’s.

My account showed a full refund in under 20 minutes after a six week ordeal...

Pay the 3%!!! It’s not that much money, a whole lot less legwork / aggravation, and peace of mind if you suddenly find yourself in need of help. Or for you sellers, do everyone a favor and just add in your costs like some of us have always done.

I only mentioned the one time it could have hurt, but in reality this was the second time I’ve had a problem. Luckily I paid the fee this second time (and all others since sir deadbeat) and it was handled quickly and swiftly thru PayPal alone.

Not bashing on anyone here in particular but we do see a lot of first time posters coming here with only an intent to sell and I’ve read of couple of threads of members being stiffed over the years regarding ghost sellers.

100% truth, I used to do business by my word and a handshake, nowadays, people will Dick you 70% of the time.

Pay 3% or be willing to make a personal visit to collect in person, I’ll leave it at that.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82dawgcrazy
05-31-2021, 04:19 PM
Great advice justbob. Many thanks.

Turbov6Bryan
06-03-2021, 10:32 AM
My PayPal debt is pulled out of a credit card. I always feel this is a second layer of protection.

Do not send money via Venmo unless you like throwing money away

da'law
06-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Glad the Sheriff's Office could be of service for that incident.:beer:

justbob
06-03-2021, 02:58 PM
Glad the Sheriff's Office could be of service for that incident.:beer:

[emoji1303]Hey Jeff!

Mebot
06-05-2021, 12:02 AM
good advice! that's why I only pay in Dogecoin now

GoldPanther
06-05-2021, 07:58 AM
My PayPal debt is pulled out of a credit card. I always feel this is a second layer of protection.

Do not send money via Venmo unless you like throwing money away
Likewise, I do the same when using Paypal.

I bought some stuff from a Jeep community and the guy asked me to send it as family, I told him that with all due respect I lost money once (which wasn't true) and never again, so I paid him as good or service.

A note for sellers, please stop annoying me asking buyers to pay the fees, Just add the cost and stop asking for it, it's annoying...

da'law
06-06-2021, 10:52 AM
Back at you justbob!:up:

[emoji1303]Hey Jeff!

NXSBOB
06-08-2021, 04:47 AM
A note for sellers, please stop annoying me asking buyers to pay the fees, Just add the cost and stop asking for it, it's annoying...
I agree....

Spectragod
06-08-2021, 04:50 PM
I agree....

Absolutely agree as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk