PDA

View Full Version : New California Smog Rules

BLACKMARAUDER04
07-16-2021, 09:19 AM
This applies to any car that has an aftermarket tune:

California State’s Smog Check program will change from July 19th for the worse because “vehicles with software not provided by the original equipment manufacturer or approved through a California Air Resources Board executive order will fail the Smog Check.”

In other words, If you have a tune from any supplier without an executive order, you will fail your smog check.
You will have to put your original tune back into the ECU then drive for 600+ miles to get all the smog checks back working.
(usually it's the cat that takes so long for the ECU to read its on). My silver took 900 miles until it passed.

JVD
07-16-2021, 09:58 AM
Wow, that is absolutely ridiculous. What about cars with a carb legal superchargers? Since they all have an aftermarket tune they will fail?

Mr. Man
07-16-2021, 10:10 AM
As far as I'm a where the monitors reset after 10 miles or so and then an 8 hour rest so the EVAP resets. 600 miles is crazy.

ARodmarauder
07-16-2021, 11:13 AM
My last smog this year I drove less than 100 miles and passed smog. This has always been an issue here so I don’t know it’s been blown out of proportion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Walsh
07-16-2021, 03:06 PM
California is totally friggin' retarded.....just like Nancy Pelosi!

I have NO idea how 'car people' live in that liberal wasteland.

massacre
07-17-2021, 07:43 AM
This has been coming for a long time now. Cannot believe anyone is surprised.
Thank those “rolling coal” a holes for making a public spectacle that invited the scrutiny.
EPA wants to extend this to “race only” vehicles even. Anything with a VIN cannot be modified in their eyes.
Alejandro Flores on YouTube is one of the few that have been very vocal about this and trying to spread the word.

BLACKMARAUDER04
07-18-2021, 01:00 PM
I failed the first time because the cats weren’t on yet after about 600 miles.
Drove another week and then it passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk