PDA

View Full Version : Productive Weekend

FordNut
06-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Made progress on 2 MM projects.

1) Machine shop is now working on an upper intake manifold for me. Going to punch out the throttle bores to 62 mm (actually a little bigger due to alignment variability). As some of you know, I put a BBK twin 62 throttle body on and found that the intake has smaller openings than the new tb. The openings are about 60 mm, which are larger than the OEM 57 mm tb, but they are not exactly round and are pretty rough. It may require some hand grinding to blend. BTW, I would not recommend a single blade tb (with appropriate machining of the divider) that some members have suggested due to some of the vacuum passages at the base of the tb.

2) Finished the base of the mold for my custom carbon fiber air box which incorporates mounting points for the Pro-M maf sensor. Put the two halves together and layed in the first sheet of carbon fiber. Next layer will only be at the back to provide extra support for the maf mounting, then a third layer will be layed over the whole thing. Hope the mold release works, or I've just made a big mess! The top cover mold is not done yet, but I gotta get this part done so I have the mounting bracket. Then the maf gets replaced and I get another dyno tune.

Hope to have the upper intake installed prior to the dyno tune/maf swap so I can get test results.

CRUZTAKER
06-27-2004, 06:10 PM
Cool...post pics and opinions when done!;)