PDA

View Full Version : Advice Requested: Front Ridetechs

Ambitious1
10-31-2021, 12:36 PM
I would like to ask some advice from anyone who has experienced the same. A while ago, the front OEM springs went bad, so we replaced them. We were unaware that the OEM springs were obsolete and went with aftermarket, which ended up making the car sit too tall in the front. We decided to order the Ridetechs from ADTR and bring the car back to its original OEM stance. For those who have the Ridetechs in the front, did you experience any installation or alignment issues? Any long-term issues? Since I am not looking to drop the car lower than OEM, were the SPC camber bolts necessary? Thank you in advance.

Mr. Man
10-31-2021, 01:35 PM
At a minimum I would have the car re-aligned after having the suspension apart.

How did the OEM springs go bad? First time I recall ever reading that a set went bad.

Ambitious1
10-31-2021, 08:20 PM
At a minimum I would have the car re-aligned after having the suspension apart.

How did the OEM springs go bad? First time I recall ever reading that a set went bad.

The front right spring was deteriorating and cracked. The left one was on their way out. I believe the previous owner of this particular MM raced it, so there may have been excessive wear and tear. I am just curious what everyone's experience was in terms of installing the RideTechs. Did anyone have any issue with the alignment? Any need for SPC camber bolts if only keeping it at an OEM stance?

Peace2Peep
10-31-2021, 10:44 PM
Ridetech is the best option for replacing factory components and getting a good ride. They are adjustable and will fit the bill. You will not get all the way up to the factory height (others chime in if I'm wrong here...) From what I have learned, you will be at least 1/2" lower than stock (I will just go on and just say automatically 1" drop). Don't worry so much about the drop. You can lower the back an inch in moments and it will NOT be a huge difference. It isn't that significant in the long run, and the Ridetech shocks are the bomb! The engineering behind the kit is worthwhile, you will not regret it. Like Mr. Man said, definitely get aligned afterward...no, it's not a problem. There are even alignment specs given in the sticky section of the main thread. No brainer for a good alignment person/shop. The camber kit is included in the suspension kit, if you ordered the kit for the Marauder. Good product with a good warranty!

blazen71
11-01-2021, 06:42 AM
ADTR sells 2 kits. Lower and standard ride height.

Peace2Peep
11-01-2021, 08:39 AM
Nice!!! I didn't see that, good looking out blazen71!