PDA

View Full Version : MV9 plaque/badge

SilverPhoenix
12-03-2021, 08:12 PM
Greetings all. Today while cleaning out my glove box I came across the plaque/badge given to those who attended Marauderville 9 in Hershey, PA, which was my first MV I attended. I already have one affixed under the hood in my MM and don't know how I ended up with 2, so I'm giving this one away for FREE to first person who PM's me their address. Just a small early Christmas gift from me to one lucky person here on the site. Dimensions are 1 7/8" x 1 7/8".

SilverPhoenix
12-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Congrats to MM03...he was quickest on the draw.

Mr. Man
12-05-2021, 07:03 AM
Greetings all. Today while cleaning out my glove box I came across the plaque/badge given to those who attended Marauderville 9 in Hershey, PA, which was my first (and most awesome!) MV I attended.

Fixed it for ya! :coolman: But seriously, so great to see this plaque again. It brings back great memories of the fun we had in planning MV9 and then hanging with everyone who came to Hershey. Really happy you were there in 2011 with us. Great times! ~ Ms. D

SilverPhoenix
12-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Fixed it for ya! :coolman: But seriously, so great to see this plaque again. It brings back great memories of the fun we had in planning MV9 and then hanging with everyone who came to Hershey. Really happy you were there in 2011 with us. Great times! ~ Ms. D

Yes, MV9 was awesome. I had just bought my MM 7 months prior and met the majority of the Carolina Marauder group in May of that year and remember being very anxious on the drive up to PA. I remember pissing a lot of people off when I mentioned there was a possibility of snow on Day 1 of MV9...:flamer: . Great way for a 'newbie' to join the fun, eh? :rolleyes: I also remember giving you and Mr. Man a ride back to the hotel from one of the itinerary destinations during MV9.

I was just months away from retiring from the Air Force and moving to Asheville at that time, so buying my MM and starting to meet all the other MM owners couldn't have happened at a better time. All this from a memory of seeing just the front of a MM while I was driving to or from work one day back in 2004/05 while stationed in Massachusetts...and then finding out that the MM I bought after having to wait 6-7 years was the same one Marauderman (Tom) was thinking of buying; he called the car lot just hours after I called and put down a deposit on it; the car was in New Mexico and I ended up flying out and driving it back to Charleston, SC (where I was stationed when I retired). When I met Tom in May with the rest of the Carolina Marauder gang and told him where I got it, he was like, "Hey, wait a minute...". What a story to tell...great times indeed!

justbob
12-05-2021, 09:19 AM

That was seriously 10 years ago?? My god.

I mostly recall the LONG crappy drive there and back. I had 4.30’s and automatic back then and the RPM’s were just screaming! The only thing that was fun on that trip was the tunnels!

https://youtu.be/zx5Res2cWhM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro