PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my friend, it was one hell of a ride..

justbob
12-31-2021, 04:21 PM
It deeply saddens me but the day has finally came that somebody called me on my bluff and swiped her out from under me. After 17+ years I surely won’t miss the extensive OCD detailing and upkeep but spending more than a third of my life with that hunk of expensive metal leaves me still not really believing it’s gone. Both parties came out ahead considering the time of the year, and my cost of ownership thanks to owning it so long had dropped to well below the original monthly payment so not a wash but rather a fun thrill ride with a small monthly payment and a fair amount of blood.[emoji6]

No plans on disappearing from here as this has become a home and the amount of lifelong friends I’ve made is still unbelievable! So your stuck with me. [emoji12]

I’ll let the new owner announce himself when he gets home. I pray for safe travels as he’s heading right into some nasty wintry weather. She never let me down in a time of need so I’m sure she’ll step up for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spectragod
12-31-2021, 04:26 PM
Sorry for your loss Bob, I went down that road in ‘19, we all have our reasons, in your heart you know you made the best decision for all. Your in my thoughts and prayers, I know what your feeling brother.

D-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Walsh
12-31-2021, 06:25 PM
Sorry for your loss Bob, I went down that road in ‘19, we all have our reasons, in your heart you know you made the best decision for all.
You're in my thoughts and prayers, I know what you're feeling brother.

D-

+1!

I sold mine in '18.....maybe some day, I'll buy another Marauder.
But, not until I can also afford a Jon Kaase BOSS 521 to stuff under the hood.
I'm totally done with 4.6L Modular engines.

blazen71
12-31-2021, 08:48 PM
It's a bittersweet moment for sure. But we're glad to have you here and I'm glad you're going to stay. You've helped me out a time or 2.

Mr. Man
12-31-2021, 09:48 PM
How old is her replacement 21, 22? :D

Turbov6Bryan
01-01-2022, 10:10 AM
Sad to hear you sold it. You are dead to me lmfao!!!
Fresh sheet of ice pellets here in KC, I sure hope he washed it really well once he gets back home.

Now you can build a 5.0 marauder next time haha

azgolfrat
01-01-2022, 01:21 PM
JB,
I hope you are doing well. Happy new year and a new beginning with another flame.

massacre
01-02-2022, 09:26 AM
Congratulations!
Everyone gets to that point in life where a change is necessary and can do some good.
A new perspective

Chi Stallion
01-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Man Bob it's definitely is a sad day but as long as your happy that's what matters. You been a big contribution to the Windy City Marauder community and I had some of the best Marauder meets at your house you hosted a few years back. You've also helped me with my Marauder which I will never forget and always be thankful for. I hope the new owner treats its good for many years to come.

justbob
01-02-2022, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys! It was fun with Zero regrets! As for another Marauder Bryan.. NOPE! Why would I buy another four door??? [emoji12] Especially when I had my favorite one already sitting here LOL. I surely won’t be building another. One and done.

And yes George, correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a final count of 23 Marauders double deep in my driveway, front yard, and the street? It was over 19 for sure. I’ll have to find the group shot. It was damn near a day long Louisville meet, but at the wrong location! I remember purchasing $350 in meat at Costco! [emoji16]

Great great times we’re had and more to come, even if we’re lacking a bit on the meet department around here..

Hopefully the new owner is just catching up on sleep or busy learning of my old struggles of keeping it spotless after that long wintry drive he had to endure. I’m sure he’ll post up when he’s ready. He probably doesn’t want to announce it until he’s ready for pics and I’m sure cleaning is the only thing currently on his mind.

At least I made sure to machine buff her with that awesome 3M perfectit line, followed by Nexus2.0, and lastly Maquiars Gold spray detail. That’s always been my 3 steps to a black mirror and it will certainly help when he rinses her down! Its SO SLICK it literally takes a minimum of two guys to cover and uncover in fear of the car cover touching the garage floor and possibly picking something up. Just slides right off like a sick joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sailsmen
01-02-2022, 07:50 PM
Au revoir!

I do look at other cars all the time. But... none of them can create this experience;

Reminds me many years ago on a Wednesday TNT.

I lined up next to a Corvette. I can see this is probably the first run the Driver has had with this Corvette.

I get the jump at the light, he was slow to react. At the halfway mark he is passing me and then something odd happens I passed him and WIN!

We both pull in the pitts. He pulls out his phone with a distraught look on his face. I roll down my windows so I can eavesdrop.

He calls his Urologists to tell him he can't find it. He then says "You want me to call the Proctologists?". Boy he really lost it!

I guess a "Grandma car" isn't suppose to beat a Corvette..

SilverPhoenix
01-02-2022, 10:47 PM
Understand your decision Bob and I hope you do stick around as you are one of just a small number of people that really know Marauders and your knowledge is 100x more valuable than the car itself.

You selling yours also increases the chances of my goal that I WILL be the last man on Earth to own/daily drive a MM...lol.

Dragcity
01-03-2022, 01:39 PM
Onward and upward. You guys did so much and then passed it all on. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Now that there are so many retirees, you all can assist in getting mine back up and on the road this summer.

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-03-2022, 09:46 PM
Incredible. Sad day to find this out. Not sure if sadder you parted with it, or didn't sell it to me! But thanks for the help back in the day, wish we could have done some more meets. Good luck with the transition.