PDA

View Full Version : Re: Advice Requested / Double-Din Stereo

Ambitious1
01-15-2022, 12:14 PM
I would like to ask for some experience information. Has anyone installed the Alpine ILX-W650 in their Marauder? If so, what were your positive and negative experiences? Any issues with retaining steering wheel controls? Any other issues? Thank you in advance.

fastblackmerc
01-16-2022, 11:00 AM
I installed a Pioneer DD and used an adapter to still use the steering wheel controls. I believe these will work: Pac Audio PAC SWI-PSv1 or PAC SWI-RC or Axxess ASWC-1

BAD MERC
01-16-2022, 11:23 AM
Double DIN will fit nicely in these and as an ex installer of 19 years I have some tips regardless of the brand. When making the connections you CAN use the OE woofer and it will sound much better if using the subwoofer controls on the new radio. Also, set the crossover roll off point to ~100Hz and 12dB/octave. If using deck power on the 4 speakers, utilize crossover points if available. Use a 5 volt adapter to trigger the OE amplifier or use a suitable resistor to prevent on/off pop. The illumination wire in the harness (blue/red) will only show 12 volts if you cover the sunload sensor on the dash. The speed pulse wire for navigation is on the harness, too. It is gray/black.