PDA

View Full Version : Finally my Marauder is coming home!

unixadm
06-28-2004, 06:53 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words sometimes. After buying the car from a fellow forum member last month, my 2003 300A was picked up Sunday morning in Westfield, IN. It's due to arrive here in Sacramento, CA by 7/2. I'm shipping the car via Passport Transport and let me say, shipping a car sounds easier than it really is. There sure are a lot of crappy transport companies out there for sure! Passport is one of the best enclosed carriers out there and the most expensive too. But I just couldn't see the Marauder on an open carrier. :)

I can't wait. I already made my first payment on the car and I still don't have it, but that will soon change.

jgc61sr2002
06-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Looks great. :up: Congrats and good luck with your new ride. :D

FiveO
06-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Nice.... :up:

I remember reading about this in the Cars for Sale forum when I was looking for mine.

I was kicking myself that I didnt' get to it before you did...but then again...I got a pretty good deal myself :)

Glad you finally got her....looks great.

BTW: Wasn't it 1900 miles ;) :D

CRUZTAKER
06-28-2004, 07:39 PM
EXCELLENT!!!

unixadm
06-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys. Yep, 1975 miles on the car. It's a 2200 mile trip out here if I were to drive it! :)

The buying process on this car was flawless. Nicholas, the previous owner was just excellent to work with and I honestly could not have bought a car from a better person.

I'm hoping to have it for the 4th of July, but we'll see.

Donny Carlson
06-28-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm shipping the car via Passport Transport and let me say, shipping a car sounds easier than it really is. There sure are a lot of crappy transport companies out there for sure! Passport is one of the best enclosed carriers out there and the most expensive too.
Passport Transport shipped a 1927 Chandler that I inheirited from my grandfather when he passed away. He had parked it in the 40's in the garage behind his house and I used to go play around it when I visited him as a boy.
They brought it right to our house, the car and a bunch of old car parts that were in the garage in and around the car. Great company!

JET
06-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Congratulations,

You made a wise choice at nearly 50,000 miles I am glad to say that I love my car more than ever.

My advice for your first mod:
Get the chip it handsdown makes the car more enjoyable to drive. My one complaint on the stock car is that the transmission always feels like it is searching for a gear. The chip makes the car shift right. Regardless of what you do enjoy it.

Best John

Patrick
06-29-2004, 12:58 AM
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

unixadm
06-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Well I talked with the driver from Passport Transport and my car will be delivered early on Friday morning.

Less than 2 days to go. The bad thing is I've kind of lost the whole 'buying a new car' excitement feeling. But hopefully that will change when I jump behind the wheel for the first time. :)

TAF
06-30-2004, 06:59 PM
The bad thing is I've kind of lost the whole 'buying a new car' excitement feeling. But hopefully that will change when I jump behind the wheel for the first time. :)
It will...every time you get in it...congrats!

HwyCruiser
06-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Enjoy your new car. With 1900 miles she hasn't even opened her eyes yet.

- JD

unixadm
07-02-2004, 08:07 AM
1 hour to go! :banana2:

Haggis
07-02-2004, 08:38 AM
1 hour to go! :banana2:

WhooHoo!! :banana2: :banana2:

Congrats on car, now go out and smoke some Ricers.

unixadm
07-02-2004, 09:56 AM
She's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Showed up at about 9am pacific. Dusted the car off, put my floor mats in and drove to work. BIG SMILE on my face! The car drives great, no problems, no vibrations, no ticks, etc. Looks like a brand new car! I pulled up and immediately attracted a large crowd at work as they were like, WTF is that? hehe.

WOOHOO!!!!!

Patrick
07-02-2004, 10:11 AM
She's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Showed up at about 9am pacific. Dusted the car off, put my floor mats in and drove to work. BIG SMILE on my face! The car drives great, no problems, no vibrations, no ticks, etc. Looks like a brand new car! I pulled up and immediately attracted a large crowd at work as they were like, WTF is that? hehe.

WOOHOO!!!!!

See it was worth the wait!!!!!!!
:up: :up:

FiveO
07-02-2004, 10:22 AM
:up:

Note: If you try and sleep in it overnight...remember to recline the seat a bit :D

MICA Racing
07-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Congratulations! I'm sure driving the car around this weekend will further reinforce it was worth the wait. Welcome aboard!b

unixadm
07-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Well thanks guys.

Let's see - I've had the car now for about 4 hours. I already ordered the SCT programmer from Lidio. Next month I'm hoping to do 4:10's and the Dynotech driveshaft. :)

I took 5 of us out to lunch today and everyone was impressed. The transmission shifting does suck though. But other than that, the car is comfortable and fun to drive.

Still a big smile on my face!

Sactown
07-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Well thanks guys.

Let's see - I've had the car now for about 4 hours. I already ordered the SCT programmer from Lidio. Next month I'm hoping to do 4:10's and the Dynotech driveshaft. :)

I took 5 of us out to lunch today and everyone was impressed. The transmission shifting does suck though. But other than that, the car is comfortable and fun to drive.

Still a big smile on my face!
Congratulations! Hopefully I'll see you around town. I'm at Starbuck's on Bradshaw near IHOP south of 50 most Saturday mornings around 7 or 8 getting my daily dose. Hope you can come by sometime. I'd love to check out your new ride!