PDA

View Full Version : Thank you ESPN

mcb26
06-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to espn. Darryl Russel was killed Sunday at the NHRA event. ESPN quit showing the replay as soon as they found out, and yanked the rebroadcast of the event from the schedule. Unlike the ______
at fox who used the Dale earnhardt crash in promos for 6 months. Nice to see a network with some class.
On a side note The bush race at Milwakii was the Alan Kulwicki 250, ______fox didn't mention it , I guess Alan forgot to pay them $$$$$ before he died.
Rest in Peace Darryl, Alan, and Dale

Ross
06-29-2004, 02:55 PM
I saw this Sunday night, and was waiting for them to say how he was, but from watching the accident it didn't look good. Car literally exploded. God bless his family.

Bigdogjim
06-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Always a sad thing when something like this happens.

Bluerauder
06-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to espn. Darryl Russel was killed Sunday at the NHRA event. ESPN quit showing the replay as soon as they found out, and yanked the rebroadcast of the event from the schedule. Unlike the ______
at fox who used the Dale earnhardt crash in promos for 6 months. Nice to see a network with some class.
On a side note The bush race at Milwakii was the Alan Kulwicki 250, ______fox didn't mention it , I guess Alan forgot to pay them $$$$$ before he died.
Rest in Peace Darryl, Alan, and Dale
I watch NASCAR. I don't usually follow NHRA; but I saw this in the papers today. Very unfortunate and sad accident. Understand he hit the side concrete retaining wall extremely hard after the chute deployed.

Also R.I.P. Kenny Irwin and Adam Petty.

Patrick
06-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Espn has always tried to keep life in prespective!!! Prayers to his famaily!