PDA

View Full Version : Is this forum kind of dead?

Coolumpia
11-07-2022, 03:00 PM
Just joined recently and it doesn't seem like there's much going on, especially not recently.

SilverPhoenix
11-07-2022, 04:21 PM
People have migrated over to facebook over the past 6-7 years and quite a few of the what I call 'bedrock members' are either no longer with us or have sold their MM. It sure ain't what it used to be...

SAH62
11-08-2022, 03:11 AM
A good number of automobile-themed forums have taken a participation hit due to Facebook. Thing is, I've found that there's a lot of history in the forums that doesn't exist in the Facebook groups. I, too, am a relative noob here, and I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned by searching through old topics. I haven't found Facebook to be very useful for those kind of searches. It seems more useful for instant gratification.

Ms. Denmark
11-08-2022, 08:07 AM
Just joined recently and it doesn't seem like there's much going on, especially not recently. Hi and welcome from a fellow born and raised (til 4th grade) Iowan. (Humboldt Co.) There are quite a few Marauder owners in Iowa. Maybe they will chime in as they are extremely knowledgeable. The site is not nearly as active as it once was, but still useful for info and hopefully more actual in person meets to come. We used to do an annual Marauderville that brought people from all over the US and even Canada. Carlisle All Ford National in Carlisle, PA still happens every June and still draws our members, tho numbers are declining. Local meets are another option and anyone can organize one and promote it here on the site, for example a cruise to the Amana Colonies with lunch once you get there. Pick a date and see who wants to go. We are an on-line car club and only as active as individual members decide to be. Anyway, great to have you on board and consider coming out to Carlisle in June. You'll be most welsome!

69Postss
11-08-2022, 10:08 AM
Don't forget about the Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise every August.
I believe they had 12 MM in attendance the Friday night.

lji372
11-08-2022, 11:17 AM
It used to be full of fun until was seemed like the fun police started scouting. There's still no better place to go to when you need a problem solved :2thumbs:

justbob
11-08-2022, 11:44 AM
It used to be full of fun until was seemed like the fun police started scouting. There's still no better place to go to when you need a problem solved :2thumbs:

This ^^^

Well said Jerry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

loud2004marquis
11-08-2022, 12:24 PM
^^^+1 well said indeed!^^^

Joe Walsh
11-08-2022, 02:44 PM
Remember when we had the 'The Dark Side' forum.....Holy Crap!
That was crazy.

BTW: Welcome aboard!

Agent2006
11-08-2022, 07:06 PM
Fight the decline! Post something about your MM, or some hack repair so others can gripe --- its all good! They made 11,000 of these 18 years ago, and there's Still !!!! a devoted fan base. Says something about the cars and the owners. I have multiple makes of cars which each have multiple internet forums, and none of them match the intensity of the Marauder crowd. Welcome!

JoeyP2011
11-08-2022, 07:23 PM
"50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's a ghost town"- Captain Price

1Marauder
11-09-2022, 12:09 AM
And there sure isn't a more knowledgeable, more honest, or mote helpful group anywhere. I have had six or more "unknown to me" members here save me on numerous occasions. I own three of my three sleds due to the efforts and honesty here. Trust all of them more, with more, than I do most of the people I do know. Have sent entire cars, and money, to these folks and never had an issue or disappointment. While we aren't as "blingy" as we used to be... I'd pick these mates over all others every time! Hell, just writing this helps me to remember I owe some Christmas gifts. Hohoho!

kirk
11-10-2022, 05:31 PM
I try to see what's going on here once in a while, but I rarely post any more

daniel.drives
11-11-2022, 06:05 PM
I don't check in every day, but then again I don't have something break on my car every day. That said, the quality of info here and the ease of searching historical discussions is infinitely better than trying to get anything useful from a FB group.

I also appreciate moderation that keeps discussions within 1 tangent of the original conversation haha

Pantera
11-11-2022, 08:10 PM
I been a member for like a year. Very knowledgeable people in here. I love looking through the stickies.

1Marauder
11-12-2022, 11:42 AM
Umaybe with some humor and zest, we can breath some more life into the forum!

CBT
11-17-2022, 07:31 PM
Whaddap, foo!

TooManyFords
11-19-2022, 04:19 AM
This Marauder is still on the streets in Iowa....

blackhueys
11-19-2022, 07:22 AM
Been here since 2008 seems like every issue I may have had with my car I ended up finding the answer here, I wish the other marauder website would come back but its gone just sends you to facebook.

sspmustang
11-19-2022, 10:29 AM
Not too surprising that traffic would drop off, since there are less vehicles on the road now. I also own a 2004 Mach 1, and the main forum for that vehicle is quiet these days too.

Having been here since 2005 when i purchased my MM, hopefully the site will stick around. Great resource and helpful members.

Ken
11-19-2022, 11:13 AM
Whaddap, foo! I resemble that remark! :D

Yep, only visit once in a while. A lot has changed in 20 years, but some of us are still alive and kickin'

fastblackmerc
11-22-2022, 06:56 AM
I'll be here until the doors are padlocked!

Triple Threat
11-22-2022, 10:44 AM
I am still here.Both of my marauders are full drag race only.The one with the mod motor is getting upgraded to a 7.3 godzilla race motor by Brian Wolfe.It will also have a F1a-94 procharger.

blazen71
11-23-2022, 03:03 AM
I am still here.Both of my marauders are full drag race only.The one with the mod motor is getting upgraded to a 7.3 godzilla race motor by Brian Wolfe.It will also have a F1a-94 procharger.
Very cool! Post up some pics when she's done!

1Marauder
11-26-2022, 12:10 PM
I still have three sleds... (Older) Neighbors think I am a Fed... I brought both MM's out of a long slumber this year, repaired and insured them both. Ready to Rock a Marauderville in Vegas (again) next year if y'all have interest.

MMBLUE
11-30-2022, 11:23 AM
Yep. Just a once in a blue moon visitor here.

baloneyhomie
11-30-2022, 04:09 PM
Joined sometime in 2020, still here. Car is still being driven. I'm a lurker in general, though I usually use crownvic.net for most of my needs since nearly everything applies to the MM and they have a lot of specific information on the little things.

carfixer
12-04-2022, 09:11 AM
I still check in once in a while. Used to be here every day but sold my Marauders so not as much. Made some of my best friends because of this forum.

jaywish
12-04-2022, 11:28 AM
Well I have got to say I really enjoyed driving the Marauder for the last several months. Had to garage it for the season this past week. I always want it to be clean, cozy and warm before the salt demon comes out to feed.

I did not get as many thumbs up or unsolicited conversations this year but still got about half a dozen. It is still a fun car to drive. I think I did about 1,300 miles this season which seems pretty typical for me unless I go on a road trip. Maybe it will turn 40K miles next year.

I am even dreaming of attending the annual meetup for the first time if the moon and stars finally align.

One annoying thing is the LEDs went out in the driver door heated seat switch last week. Probably the first time I used it this year. Fastblackmerc, do you repair those?

Jay

Also just a Ford rant. The switch for interior lights is not illuminated. In every ford I have ever owned. Have they ever corrected that ridiculous oversight. What do they has 40 illuminated buttons on the car? I mean at night wouldn't it be good to find the darn light switch?

Coolumpia
12-10-2022, 05:34 PM

Good enough for me.

jflave
12-12-2022, 10:34 AM
I still come here a few times a week but don't post often that way people won't know how little I know. A lot of good people / information here.

Phrog_gunner
12-25-2022, 06:52 PM
Whaddap, foo!

He's alive? :puke: