PDA

View Full Version : Autoweek "America's Best Sedan"

Redster
07-02-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm not surprised that they picked the 300C in this category. Their initial review of the 300C gave a big clue. BMW 2nd, Caddy CTS 3rd. What do you expect out of a magazine that told us about the 350 HP 2005 MM?

BillyGman
07-02-2004, 05:25 PM
My suggestion to them is to define "Best". There aren't any cars on the road that have it all. If they have one point that strong, then they are lacking in another. It's always a matter of trade-offs, and what's a priority w/the potential buyer in question. So my question to them would be...."How much $$ did they pay you to call that car the "Best" :rolleyes:

the fat bastid
07-02-2004, 05:41 PM
billy is tottaly correct.
a friend's dad just got a 300c fully loaded.
when i checked it out it was strange to notice the things the mm had that the C didnt. i figured the difference in price would garuntee that the C would have everything the mm did and more.

plus the mm has more things intangible. soul, attitude, etc, etc..

chrish
07-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Saw a loaded 300 today , drove behind it for a while the tires are way to thin, the rear is going to look dated NOW . BUT, the side frofile looks GOOOD. That must be all the popularity.

Fourth Horseman
07-02-2004, 09:22 PM
2 of the 3 are american (mostly) cars? What's going on!?
:lol:

RCSignals
07-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Last year was a sedan from a German company, this year is a sedan from a German company.
Surprising?

Patrick
07-03-2004, 12:13 AM
billy is tottaly correct.
a friend's dad just got a 300c fully loaded.
when i checked it out it was strange to notice the things the mm had that the C didnt. i figured the difference in price would garuntee that the C would have everything the mm did and more.

plus the mm has more things intangible. soul, attitude, etc, etc..

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

rayjay
07-03-2004, 04:08 AM
A couple weeks ago while deciding what to buy I was super interested in a 300C or Magnum. Drove the Magnum and really liked it. Could not interest the wife in a 300. Anyway, the Dodge Boys aren't dealing on either, so I decided to wait. My barber is a classic car collector. He convinced me to look at a black MM at the local Ford/LM store. The rest is history. Thanks to you fine folks here I brought a 04 DTR MM home last night. My dealer, Nye Ford/LM of Oneida, NY went above and beyond to obtain a DTR MM for me. There were 3 in upstate NY. They picked up one in Ravena south of Albany. My salesman calls me and says the cars in, but we are rejecting it due to major paint defects. He then located one in Plattsburg, NY, 270 miles away. Its now in my driveway :D . Oh, and the wife? Absolutely loves it! :rock: What could be better, a beautiful car AND a happy wife!

FiveO
07-03-2004, 05:44 AM
A couple weeks ago while deciding what to buy I was super interested in a 300C or Magnum. Drove the Magnum and really liked it. Could not interest the wife in a 300. Anyway, the Dodge Boys aren't dealing on either, so I decided to wait. My barber is a classic car collector. He convinced me to look at a black MM at the local Ford/LM store. The rest is history. Thanks to you fine folks here I brought a 04 DTR MM home last night. My dealer, Nye Ford/LM of Oneida, NY went above and beyond to obtain a DTR MM for me. There were 3 in upstate NY. They picked up one in Ravena south of Albany. My salesman calls me and says the cars in, but we are rejecting it due to major paint defects. He then located one in Plattsburg, NY, 270 miles away. Its now in my driveway :D . Oh, and the wife? Absolutely loves it! :rock: What could be better, a beautiful car AND a happy wife!

Its also nice having a vehicle that you don't see all the time. I see 300C's every few minutes in town. Magnum's are increasing too.

I have yet to see 1 Marauder in town...

rayjay
07-03-2004, 10:01 AM
The 300s are still very rare out here in the woods. Magnums are non existent. I'm sure that will change soon. Theres only one other MM in our county and thats black. The one at the local dealer will probably still be there next year. I'm amazed he stays in business. Heres the price take it or leave, oh, and your car isn't worth anything.... Great service dept though. Go figure.

stevengerard
07-03-2004, 06:56 PM
What could be better, a beautiful car AND a happy wife!

or a beautiful wife and a happy car. ;) I'm sure your's is both.

2005Marauder
07-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, the DTR is beautiful. My wife never liked the Black '03 but she really likes the Red one. Reminds me of the spoof picture of cars for women. It had one dealership sign that said, "RED Cars" and the other dealership sign said "Blue Cars." Anyway, congrats on the new MM.