PDA

View Full Version : One funny parking story....

FiveO
07-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Well gang I'm getting ready for www.mnmayhem.com and made a trip today...

My father lives in western Wisconsin and has a 12 second 1986 Mustang GT. He bought it 4 years ago and we drove it back from Virginia to Wisconsin at 50mph. I left my 84 Mustang at my parents place in WI and picked up his 86 to drive to the event next Saturday.

Its an incredible machine...one that on long trips I wear earplugs in. No radio, no AC, no cruise, rollcage, no back seat, etc.....very loud. It was built as a 10 second car as the previous owner had a s/c on it. He took it off and sold it to someone else before my dad bought the car. Its set up as a 10 sec car...and thats where she'll be again. My long term goal is to put a s/c back on it. Should run 10.5 @ 125 or so.

My best time in it has been 12.39 @ 109 with a 1.69 0-60 foot time. He's agreed to sell it to me...after I get the s/c on the Marauder :)

Anyway....I pulled into the garage this afternoon, right next to the Marauder. Got about 2 feet from her and WTF? The Clifford Alarm goes beserk on the Marauder. All the lights and whistles are sounding....I couldn't believe it.

I never touched the car...but the rumble and shaking of the Mustang (as she is very loud and basically shakes the ground) was enough to set off the vibration alert on the Clifford alarm!

Looks like this Mustang is getting the 4th garage stall when I buy it :D with the Marauder in #1.

Had to share... should be nice having two 12 second cars in the garage!
Even if they are 3 stalls apart!

woaface
07-03-2004, 03:00 PM
So you live in Virginia?

Lovin' the pictures of your car! I was ok with the silvers until about 5 minutes ago...now I'll actually look at one when I go to buy mine...someday.

Bigdogjim
07-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Five-O: Nice problem to have:)

FiveO
07-03-2004, 03:15 PM
So you live in Virginia?

Lovin' the pictures of your car! I was ok with the silvers until about 5 minutes ago...now I'll actually look at one when I go to buy mine...someday.

No, Minnesota. I was on an email list for the Taurus SHO back in 2000 when a gent who had a 1997 SHO also had this 1986 GT for sale. He listed it, I knew my father wanted a drag racing car and told him about it. They made a deal and we flew out to DC and drove it back, 50mph, earplugs and lots of stopping for gas :D

FiveO
07-03-2004, 03:22 PM
So you live in Virginia?

Forgot....don't discount a Silver MM. Any of the colors of the MM are good....but silver is nice for a couple reasons:

1. Easy to keep clean...and I've owned several black cars and can attest.

2. Lots of silver cars on the road...popular color...blends in with other cars when it comes to cops "checking them out" :)

3. DTR and Black are more "write me ticket colors"....and I definitely can attest to that! An off color like silver is much better.

Patrick
07-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Well gang I'm getting ready for www.mnmayhem.com and made a trip today...

My father lives in western Wisconsin and has a 12 second 1986 Mustang GT. He bought it 4 years ago and we drove it back from Virginia to Wisconsin at 50mph. I left my 84 Mustang at my parents place in WI and picked up his 86 to drive to the event next Saturday.

Its an incredible machine...one that on long trips I wear earplugs in. No radio, no AC, no cruise, rollcage, no back seat, etc.....very loud. It was built as a 10 second car as the previous owner had a s/c on it. He took it off and sold it to someone else before my dad bought the car. Its set up as a 10 sec car...and thats where she'll be again. My long term goal is to put a s/c back on it. Should run 10.5 @ 125 or so.

My best time in it has been 12.39 @ 109 with a 1.69 0-60 foot time. He's agreed to sell it to me...after I get the s/c on the Marauder :)

Anyway....I pulled into the garage this afternoon, right next to the Marauder. Got about 2 feet from her and WTF? The Clifford Alarm goes beserk on the Marauder. All the lights and whistles are sounding....I couldn't believe it.

I never touched the car...but the rumble and shaking of the Mustang (as she is very loud and basically shakes the ground) was enough to set off the vibration alert on the Clifford alarm!

Looks like this Mustang is getting the 4th garage stall when I buy it :D with the Marauder in #1.

Had to share... should be nice having two 12 second cars in the garage!
Even if they are 3 stalls apart!
:up: :up:

FiveO
07-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Had to post a couple pics....in the garage!

Still raining outside :(

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552930/4663444/58804377.jpg

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552930/4663444/58804370.jpg

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552930/4663444/58804348.jpg

Man....a 10 sec street legal car is gonna be fun...especially next to a 12 sec street legal Marauder :)

CRUZTAKER
07-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Nice man...nice...!

:rolleyes:

Patrick
07-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Thats Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!