PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely different......

Racerx88
07-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Here's some pics of some of the "changes" I've made to my car.
The scoop isn't mounted permanently yet, I've still got to modify the scoop grill to match the curve of the hood, but I think it looks great. The "MARAUDER" decals on the doors and brake calipers were made by a local shop. The door decals match the maroon and charcoal pin stripes I did. The "MERCURY" emblem on the trunk came from an '03 Sable left taillight. I'd like to hear what you guys think, so post away!

Bigdogjim
07-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Dean: It all looks good!

I liked/copyed your 4.6L D O H C
MARAUDER
Decal that you had on the black Marauder.

Nice job:)

Marauder8
07-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Dean,
Have not seen a hood scoop that goes with this full size hot rod. I think something different is needed. Other than that looks kewwwwwwwwwwwwl

FiveO
07-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Oooohh......Is that a Mustang hood scoop?

I've been thinking about some type of hood scoop.

Be nice to know :)

Please tell....

HwyCruiser
07-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Racerx88.

That's cool! I think it makes just the right statement. I really dig the head-on and offset view, nicely proportioned from the front. For me, I might like to see it a little longer in the back.

Is it a bolt on? Where did you get it? Looks like you already had it paint-matched.

I give it :up: :up:.

I've always thought a scoop would really enhance the MM hood and set it off a little more from other panthers.

In the end, your satisfaction is all that really matters.

- JD

Patrick
07-03-2004, 06:08 PM
:bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

SouLRioT
07-03-2004, 06:12 PM
I like the Scoop, better than the other ones i've seen. Also are the Marauder on the calipers stickers?

CRUZTAKER
07-03-2004, 06:16 PM
OK...I don't prefer scoops...but that one looks incredibly good. The size and location are excellent!:up:

As for the decals on the calipers...I need those...bad...that is a great look.
Please share the font style and size if you don't mind a few of us copying your idea.

Better yet, have more made and sell them!:cool:

I here by would like to beg of you to have another set made and mail them to me ASAP:rolleyes: HE-HE....NO I'm not too rude:baaa:

rayjay
07-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Make that scoop functional and they will come...:bows: :bows: :bows:

DirtyDog
07-03-2004, 07:27 PM
As for the decals on the calipers...I need those...bad...that is a great look.
Please share the font style and size if you don't mind a few of us copying your idea.

I'd like to know about the Caliper Lettering also.

Cobra25
07-03-2004, 07:49 PM
My two cents are as follow's, Everything looks great ,I my self would more the scoop a little more foward till the center of the scoop (from a side view ) is dead center on the front wheel hub. The size of the scoop looks great on the hood.

Racerx88
07-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

The scoop is just a Mustang GT scoop. The only problems are that the Mustang hood has that scallop with the scoop grill matching the scallop. I'm having to cut the grill to match the curve of the MM hood. The scoop bolts onto the Mustang hood, but I've cut the tabs off the underside of the scoop and will be mounting it to the MM with 3M emblem tape. I just couldn't bring myself to cut holes in the hood!

The "MARAUDER" on the brake calipers was made by my local sign shop. I'll dig up the font style and size, and post it as soon as I can find the paperwork. I just cleaned the calipers real good with brake cleaner, stuck the decals on, and then coated the whole thing with a couple light coats of semi-gloss clear paint to help seal the decals.

Patrick
07-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Make that scoop functional and they will come...:bows: :bows: :bows:

I am with Ray!!!!!!

BillyGman
07-03-2004, 10:19 PM
I don't like the trunk emblem, but I DO like the scoop along w/the badgeless grill too even though you're not asking about the grill. Did Zack do the grill for you?

glassman99
07-04-2004, 04:35 AM
Dean, looks great! I especially like the caliper decals. Will they stand up to the heat? Offer them on the site and they will sell!!! :rock:

martyo
07-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Dean: Aren't you afraid that the stickers on the brakes will cook with the heat from the brakes?

I like your scoop, but I have cowl induction in mind for mine. I want it to look sinister. In fact when people look at my car, I want them to be scared. Very, very scared.

merc406
07-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Here's some pics of some of the "changes" I've made to my car.
The scoop isn't mounted permanently yet, I've still got to modify the scoop grill to match the curve of the hood, but I think it looks great. The "MARAUDER" decals on the doors and brake calipers were made by a local shop. The door decals match the maroon and charcoal pin stripes I did. The "MERCURY" emblem on the trunk came from an '03 Sable left taillight. I'd like to hear what you guys think, so post away!

Looks Ok, Crites makes a bolt on from the earlier mustang's that are alittle bigger.....http://www.critesrestoration.com/mustang.htm

MARAUDER S/C #5
07-04-2004, 10:33 AM
HOOD SCOOP- :down: :down:

STICKERS AND EMBLEMS-:puke:

Zack
07-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Looks good Dean.
Move the rear decals down a few inches and you got it!
Nice Grill. Looks awesome on the car.

Racerx88
07-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Dean: Aren't you afraid that the stickers on the brakes will cook with the heat from the brakes?
Actually, the decals have been on the calipers since the end of April. They're holding up just fine, and look just as good now as the day I put them on.

I found the receipt from the lettering company, but unfortunately they didn't put the font style or size on the receipt. I've got a couple extra, so I just measured them. For those of you wanting to do this, the decals measure 1/2" tall by 3" long. I think I just used plain old Helvetica Bold for the font. I gave them the measurements, and asked them to fit the word into the half inch by three inch space. As long as the shop you go to uses good quality vinyl, they should hold up fine.

Racerx88
07-04-2004, 02:08 PM
I don't like the trunk emblem, but I DO like the scoop along w/the badgeless grill too even though you're not asking about the grill. Did Zack do the grill for you?
Yes, the grill is a Zack Special.

buckyboy
07-04-2004, 02:15 PM
The scoop doesnt look all that bad, however, i prefer a hood scoop that is functional, if any. With that said, i think your car looks great..I just dont prefer hood scoops.:down: Love the marauder decal on the calipers:up: Btw, i think the silver mm looks very cool..:up:

Zack
07-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Heres a thought...
Buy 2 mustang scoops, cut a section out of one and mold it onto the other one. I think it will look better a little longer.