PDA

View Full Version : Super CTS V

Silver_04
07-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Hopefully this isn't a repost...

Clicky (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autow eek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=09818491)

Ford needs to come out with some hot rods quick!

Fourth Horseman
07-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Hopefully this isn't a repost...

Clicky (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autow eek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=09818491)

Ford needs to come out with some hot rods quick!

That CTS-V Super is just scary looking. Wow.

I really like the CTS-V. A lot. I wouldn't trade my Marauder for it, but it'd look sharp sitting next to my Marauder in the driveway. Too bad I'm poor. :P

gonzo50
07-03-2004, 10:13 PM
That CTS-V Super is just scary looking. Wow.

I really like the CTS-V. A lot. I wouldn't trade my Marauder for it, but it'd look sharp sitting next to my Marauder in the driveway. Too bad I'm poor. :P
I'm starting to like this car more, and more.
600hp engine, more than likely it will still have the 6-speed trans. and those huge brakes too.

The Marauder is a better looking car.....but 600hp, "WOW"!!! :bows:

BillyGman
07-03-2004, 10:24 PM
I guess I'm the different one here.....sorry guys, but I just can't stand how ugly that thang is!!! I mean I don't care if it had 800 HP, it's just too UGLY!!!!

....just my opinion........

Patrick
07-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Yuck is the best I can do with out being banned!!!!!!!

RCSignals
07-04-2004, 12:56 AM
I guess I'm the different one here.....sorry guys, but I just can't stand how ugly that thang is!!! I mean I don't care if it had 800 HP, it's just too UGLY!!!!

....just my opinion........
:stupid: ..........not just your opinion..............

Patrick
07-04-2004, 01:09 AM
:stupid: ..........not just your opinion..............
:eek: :stupid: :stupid:

Marauderjack
07-04-2004, 04:52 AM
Wonder what the insurance for that thing will cost??? :bigcry:

But......I guess if ya can pay $65K....insurance won't be an issue?? :cool:

Marauderjack :)

Marauder386
07-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Yeah..65k...limited run of 500...insurance doesnt factor in.

M386

SHERIFF
07-04-2004, 07:49 AM
First, the people that want the 600HP CTS can't afford or justify one usually. Including myself. I can't justify one, with college tuitions right around the corner.

Second.... seriously.... the highest speed limit near me is 65 mph. I can do that with 302 HP easily. And I am not going to spend $65,000 to take a car to the dragway and abuse it every weekend. :)

SHERIFF
07-04-2004, 07:52 AM
ps - the car looks ugly in the news story because of the black wheels. I imagine when the real thing comes down the pike Cadillac will add some nice shiny wheels to the package. Just like Mercury would never have released the Marauder with old ugly black wheels. :)

MICA Racing
07-06-2004, 08:10 PM
If I could swing the 65k, I might want one. But to be honest, I'd just buy a plain CTS-V and go thru it myself - more fun, more me, and more performance. I think I'd have to justify the car using it at a road course - dragstrips can be tamed better by cars that say Marauder on the back. A well set up CTS-V would be an absolute blast to run around Texas World Speedway, or Road Atlanta, or Elkhart Lake, or Laguna Seca, or Sears Point, or Watkins Glen, or VIR, or Barber Motorsports Park, or....OK, I have to lay down now. Oh, and Billy, and others, I don't think you're on the outside for not liking the styling. It took a while for me to warm up to it, and it's still not beautiful or sexy to me, but I don't find it objectionable anymore, and it really is a sweet car.