PDA

View Full Version : Spotted, Dodge Magum RT!

woaface
07-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Ok, this car looks awesome in person. To me it really says muscle. It's low and sleek, buff and very agressive looking. Not very tall at all. SO nice. Sorry I couldn't get better pictures, but I lightened these a little. And of course, this car is Black!

merc406
07-06-2004, 10:12 PM
I've seen the TV adds and I think it's one nice lookin hot rod station wagon!! :rock:

martyo
07-07-2004, 02:28 AM
I've seen the TV adds and I think it's one nice lookin hot rod station wagon!! :rock:

I agree Larry. I like these things a lot!

CRUZTAKER
07-07-2004, 04:32 AM
They're popping up around here like dandelions....

Always liked them. Need to do a test drive one of these days.

rayjay
07-07-2004, 04:49 AM

Always liked them. Need to do a test drive one of these days.I test drove one prior to buying my 04 DTR MM. Very nice ride, comfortable interior, great motor. Handling is no where near as good as the MM. Front end is fugly IMHO. I'm glad they weren't dealing (sticker price & a lousy $500 incentive) cause I'd be driving one now instead of my beautiful MM. When they get around to offering a shorter rear gear it will be a screamer. (2.83 with Hemi, 3.90 w/v6). Alot of parts sourced from MB. However, next year they'll be all over, like a rash. We here will be a elite group :rock:

MikesMerc
07-07-2004, 05:36 AM
They are everywhere around here too (in Detroit).

I'm glad I decided to SC my MM though. I hammer these dudes every chance I get when they come looking for it. Seems a lot of these folks think their station wagon is a rocket. Fast yes....for a factory wagon.

Aside from the idiocy of the drivers I've encountered, I must admit that Chrysler has their game together. They'll sell a ton of these.

UAW 588
07-07-2004, 05:39 AM
I don't know if any of you guys watch Monster Garage on the Discovery Channel, but last Monday night Jesse's group of master mechanics turned a new Dodge Magnum into a locamotive train. Nothing major done mechanically, but they set the car up like the service trucks that have wheels that come down and ride on the rails. Pretty interesting stuff, and in the end Jesse lost against the steam locamotive he was trying to race.

woaface
07-07-2004, 07:06 AM
This is only the second one I've seen here since April. And an S/C MM would be quite nice...I love the way it the Marauder handles. But I really loved the way this car looked. Brings back some childhood dreams I guess.

Hmm, I posted two pictures and it came out as a line?:confused:

UAW 588
07-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Brings back some childhood dreams I guess.

I guess that wasn't too long ago.

woaface
07-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Nope it wasn't!

Ok, Saw the guy today at the grocery store...or, across at a bagle shop. Didn't want to go in and be like "Yo, who's got the Hemi!" So I left my MM calling card since that's all I had.

He's got dealer tags but a lot of people are driving around personal cars with dealer tags lately:confused: :confused: :confused:

jaywish
07-07-2004, 08:27 AM
They do seem like very nice cars. Roomy for the front two passengers but I still can't call them full sized. If they came with a bench seat I couldn't see 3 across the front. The wagon part is probably only about the size of a Taurus or an Aries wagon.

It seems like everybody is comming out with these mid sized wagons lately. I like wagons so I'm not knocking it but I still wish the panther had one.

I didn't get out the measuring tape but the Taurus/Aries must be close. Nowhere near my 89 GM Colony Park. (probably much faster and tighter though)

merc406
07-07-2004, 09:42 AM
They do seem like very nice cars. Roomy for the front two passengers but I still can't call them full sized. If they came with a bench seat I couldn't see 3 across the front. The wagon part is probably only about the size of a Taurus or an Aries wagon.

It seems like everybody is comming out with these mid sized wagons lately. I like wagons so I'm not knocking it but I still wish the panther had one.

I didn't get out the measuring tape but the Taurus/Aries must be close. Nowhere near my 89 GM Colony Park. (probably much faster and tighter though)

Aries, holy 80's, haven't seen one of them in a few years. I don't know if we will ever see a full size wagon again, but who knows times change. :rasta:

chrish
07-07-2004, 09:56 AM
The car looks good but the tires are sooo narrow . Makes the car look dumb, or like others say AN IDIOT. My humble thoughts!!! Logan did you get my check & when are you going to start a sight for these chrysler /Dodge vehicles?I'd like to read about ALL the PROBLEMS these owners are having...

Marc
07-07-2004, 10:34 AM
I've been seeing them quite a bit here over the last 4 weeks. At first I liked them, but I had only seen one from a distance. When I had a chance to walk up to one, I found that it suffered from all of the same Chrysler cheap wadness as everything else. The interior looks like it came from a toy store, and even the wheels, instead of aluminum or chrome alloy, was some kind of goofy painted plastic rim.

The stying, engine and performance speak for itself, but with the cheap materials used in manufacturing, its more of the same from Daimler Chrysler.

SouLRioT
07-07-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't know if any of you guys watch Monster Garage on the Discovery Channel, but last Monday night Jesse's group of master mechanics turned a new Dodge Magnum into a locamotive train. Nothing major done mechanically, but they set the car up like the service trucks that have wheels that come down and ride on the rails. Pretty interesting stuff, and in the end Jesse lost against the steam locamotive he was trying to race.

I'd like to see one made into a el camino type car. That would be something to see. If I had a wife, I could see her having one of these. But of course I dont have a wife, so I'm not going to be having one of these.

martyo
07-07-2004, 11:44 AM
I dont have a wife...

Stop bragging!!!

RoyLPita
07-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Where I work (we have a Dodge dealer, too. Getting Chevy next week), we've been getting them in. I haven't had the chance to drive one yet.

Bluerauder
07-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Always liked them. Need to do a test drive one of these days.
Duhtroll has already posted his monthly test ride review for July on the GTO. :up: We'll probably have to wait 'til August for a write up on the Dodge Magnum.

UAW 588
07-07-2004, 12:00 PM
If I had a wife, I could see her having one of these. But of course I dont have a wife, so I'm not going to be having one of these.

Consider yourself lucky to be single. Marriage takes away that extra spending money. :bigcry: Oh ya, it takes the easy side of the garage to park in also. :bs:

woaface
07-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok, I saw the guy again today...wonder if he got my card:D

It's definitely the same guy, he's got a yellow sticker where his rearview mirror is on the outside of the window. It's got a 5 digit number and he's also sporting the SC dealer tags.

Marauder386
07-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Hmmm... < tunes radar for Hemi station wagon > :uzi:

Racerx88
07-07-2004, 01:57 PM
............ Logan did you get my check & when are you going to start a sight for these Chrysler/Dodge vehicles?I'd like to read about ALL the PROBLEMS these owners are having...
Check it out:
http://www.dodgemagnum.net

rayaa
07-07-2004, 03:16 PM
I was behind one for 30 miles today- we both left the same parking lot at the same time. ugly angles, like on the new cadillacs- skinny tires, very small (dual) exhaust pipes. the driver was 60+, but this is FL- so ya never know.
It was low and lean tho, they came close---but for me, no cigar.
I still stop and stare at my own MM (03, black) in humble appreciation of it s fine looks and I still, after 16 mths, love my car.

BlackBeauty
07-08-2004, 06:49 AM
:puke: I've seen afew around here in Denver...fugly...like the rest of dodges line IMHO:puke: