PDA

View Full Version : Town Car loaner

HwyCruiser
07-08-2004, 05:31 PM
I'm driving a Town Car loaner while MM is on the rack getting the TC installed.

http://www.lincoln.com/media/vehicles/towncar/gallery/photos/ext_main_03.jpg
(Off Lincoln's site)

It is very comfy. The front seats need more bolster but the rears look like a big love seat. The MM shares a lot of appointments with the Town Car, so getting used to the controls was pretty quick - although I had a time finding where they hid the cupholders.

Not much off-the-line umph with the SOHC 4.6L and 3.27 gears (looked it up) but it handles city driving pretty good with the OD off. The shifting was lazy and vaguely familiar. The suspension is obviously tweeked for suppleness but its not too mushy. Very smooth and quiet on the highway. A big upgrade comfort-wise from the Grand Marquis I used to have.

I was backing into a parking spot and it starting whooping at me when I got close to the curb and again later when I was backing out of a spot and a car was coming by. I guess the reverse assist is a must have if you can't see over the steering wheel.

The styling is very nice IMO. I like the Lincoln gunsight and the headlights are way cool. They could have done a better job with the dash texture, but it might look better in black.

I like it a lot better that the Altima I got stuck with last time. This would definately be a nice car to take on a long trip... if I couldn't take the MM that is.

- JD

TheDealer
07-09-2004, 05:44 AM
For comfort and ride there is NOTHING like a Town Car!!!!! :bows: :bows: :up:

Bluerauder
07-09-2004, 07:10 AM
I'm driving a Town Car loaner while MM is on the rack getting the TC installed.

- JD
Gee, I'm jealous. Last time, I had a Sable GS.

woaface
07-09-2004, 07:25 AM
I like how the headlights and side markers are one piece. Was the wheelbase extended in this one? Hmmm, heated seats in the rear would be nice in a Marauder too.