PDA

View Full Version : Timed My Car Today

woaface
07-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Ok, thought I'd mess around a little with a stop watch today. It was 82 degrees with 74% humidity. Also, this is on 2 year/13,000 mile old transmission and rear axle fluid, old fuel filter and 4,000 mile old oil. I'll have all that fixed this week and I'll test it again in similar conditions.

0-60 brake torquing: minimal spin on launch, 9.33 seconds
25-60: 6.92 seconds
0-50 brake torquing: minimal spin on launch, about 7 seconds, accidentally erased it before I completely looked at it.
:D

Fun, even if it is slow.

BillyGman
07-18-2004, 02:27 PM
0-60 brake torquing: minimal spin on launch, 9.33 seconds
25-60: 6.92 seconds:D LOL....I would've been tempted to just sit there and do a burnout instead. But if this is your Dad's car, then that might not be the thing to do.

woaface
07-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Tehe...no burnouts for me! It would upset my dad much. Even more so since I haven't had my 30,000 mile service done yet...2 years and 13,000 miles late:rolleyes: It'll be done by the end of the week though...that and a good number of other things.

woaface
07-20-2004, 01:52 PM
...To spend this summer afternoon being excited about getting his car serviced tomorrow...WHOOPEE!

Tomorrow morning at 7:30am I've got an appointment at the dealer to have the following done:

Brake Wear Inspection: (the lady on the phone was like "that'll take half an hour or an hour" and I told her that my mechanic can do it in a few minutes...look at the brake and is tell me if there's less than 5,000 miles worth of pad left and she goes..."oh, yeah"
Transmission Fluid Flush/Refill: 43500 miles, 5 years and it's not been done:nono:
Rear Axle Lube: I know I know, I should have had it done at 2 years.
Oil/Filter change: I've only got 4000 miles on this oil.
New Fuel Filter: Tehehehe...that's not been completed either.
Tire Rotation: I have it done every other oil change.

Most of the reason I'm a slacker on this is because my parents don't really care My dad takes care of the van on time, but if he forgets about the car, it's not his problem. Now that I keep the car up, it's never his problem. Also, I'm a busy little kid and it's difficult as a homeschooler to keep up-to-date on some of these things when your mom keeps saying "No, you've got better things to do than worry about that stupid car"

ANNNNNYways, I'm really excited about this because I hope to have
1. An annoying burping noise disappear from the rear end. If it's not because I've got bad grease in the axle, my mechanic and I decided it may very well be bad bushings, but other than that he'll need the car for an afternoon.
2. I can reach 60mph faster than 9.33 seconds between 80-85 degrees and 70-80% humidity.