PDA

View Full Version : Electronic monitoring?

Svashtar
07-18-2004, 07:40 PM
AS part of my deal there is a $189 option on the invoice that I can take or leave that is called "electronic monitoring." This is supposed to me some theft tracking option, but the salesman couldn't really tell me anything about it.

He said first that they "put stickers on the car", and I told him not to do that as I'll just scrape them off. Then he said that the $189 pays for this service where they guarantee to find your car if stolen, and if they don't they pay you $3K indedendent of your insurance.

He is getting some documentation together for when I pick up the car later in the week, and I will have the option to get this or not at that time. Does anyone know what this is about? It's certainly not a lojack system (I don't believe for that price), but it must be some kind of tracking service...

Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Norm

TAF
07-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Sounds like Lojack...great system...it will find your car for ya if stolen...most major city PD's have the capabilities.

PM Martyo...he has it on his car.

Svashtar
07-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks Todd. Appreciate the info.

Norm

martyo
07-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Sounds like Lojack...great system...it will find your car for ya if stolen...most major city PD's have the capabilities.

PM Martyo...he has it on his car.

Yep, I do. Although if my car gets stolen the thieves are in for a real surprise.....

RCSignals
07-19-2004, 07:42 PM
I agree $189 seems too low a price for lo-jack. But maybe not.
Hopefully it's not just a dealer money making scam, like etching numbers on windows.