PDA

View Full Version : ready to mod, some advice

buckyboy
07-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Im sure this has been gone over, but can anybody answer how much hp increase do you get with 4.10 gears, underdrivepullies, and tuner mods? i am about two weeks away from getting this done and would welcome all opinions on whether they are worth the $$$$$$ if i do it, ill do it all at the same time...thanks..steve

FiveO
07-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Can't speak for the UDP's....but the 4.10's are a must with a car that weighs this much.

You'll lose some top end....rpm's run a bit higher....and you're mileage will go down a couple mpg's...but you'll get off the line faster...which is a must! :D

Patrick
07-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Im sure this has been gone over, but can anybody answer how much hp increase do you get with 4.10 gears, underdrivepullies, and tuner mods? i am about two weeks away from getting this done and would welcome all opinions on whether they are worth the $$$$$$ if i do it, ill do it all at the same time...thanks..steve
I cant help with this mod, not yet!! But Go to the Kooks Headers forum and check out "Break this down" Thread I got alot of good info on mods!!!!!1

CRUZTAKER
07-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Im sure this has been gone over, but can anybody answer how much hp increase do you get with 4.10 gears, underdrivepullies, and tuner mods?
Maybe 28-35 hp depending on the type of tune. Gears won't raise HP but sure help this sled get out of the hole a little quicker. The taller the gear, the better the launch.

Cobra25
07-21-2004, 07:05 AM
Im sure this has been gone over, but can anybody answer how much hp increase do you get with 4.10 gears, underdrivepullies, and tuner mods? i am about two weeks away from getting this done and would welcome all opinions on whether they are worth the $$$$$$ if i do it, ill do it all at the same time...thanks..steve Chip/Tuner- 410 's-Plugs-180 deg. Stat you should gain about 23 RWHP min. & about 30 RWT. Steeda pully's give you about 10-12 HP. These mods are worth the money.

Smokie
07-21-2004, 07:52 AM
You already have recieved accurate info on HP gains and where the gears help, if you would like to see the actual results of the package, go to timeslips and set for only 14 second cars and review the details for those cars it will give a quick sense of what to expect with certain mods or lack of mods ( stock or nearly so ). Best wishes on your upcoming mods, I am sure you will enjoy the difference.:up:

RF Overlord
07-21-2004, 08:19 AM
^^^what they all said^^^

I'm not sure the underdrives add 10-12 HP, I thought it was more like 4-8 (real world), but either way they're worth it...so are the tuner and gears...

Like Sonic the Hedgehog said: "Do it. Do it - DO IT - DO IT!"

Svashtar
07-21-2004, 05:04 PM
^^^what they all said^^^

I'm not sure the underdrives add 10-12 HP, I thought it was more like 4-8 (real world), but either way they're worth it...so are the tuner and gears...

Like Sonic the Hedgehog said: "Do it. Do it - DO IT - DO IT!"
I was going to do all this EXCEPT the pulleys to save $ for other mods. The pulleys are basically designed to get you off the line quicker, correct? Any other benefits? Are they stronger than the OEM parts is that it?

Thanks for filling in the gaps! (I still have a lot of them..:shot: )

Norm

BruteForce
07-21-2004, 05:48 PM
I was going to do all this EXCEPT the pulleys to save $ for other mods. The pulleys are basically designed to get you off the line quicker, correct? Any other benefits? Are they stronger than the OEM parts is that it?

Thanks for filling in the gaps! (I still have a lot of them..:shot: )

Norm

The pulleys reduce the "parasitic drag" (aka resistance) on the crankshaft**. Allows the motor to spin up quicker. One side effect of that is increased HP and a faster launch. For the price, it's a no brainer. Note that if you plan to S/C the car anytime soon, its a waste of $ since you'll be swapping 'em out at that point anyway.

** this is also the theory behind HP increase with the electric water pump discussed recently.