PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious "Men-In-Black" Sightings......

WJSOLOMON
07-31-2002, 06:47 PM
I NEver imagioned having this much Fun and Excitement on the Freeway and on the Interstate with a New Car, as much has I'm enjoying this New Marauder, and I've enjoyed 18 New Buick Electra / Park Avenue Ultras in the past 19 years!

Since I'm going to be selling / trading it around the first of the year when my replacement is delivered with the OEM Moon Roof, Traction Control, Heated Front Seats, and Slate Interior, I've decided to limit the mods to cosmetic ones, with the exception of converting to FOMOCO's Full Synthetics for the Engine, Tranny, and Rear Axle. In this way, with it's low VIN Number, if someone wants one of the First Stock Production Runs for a "keeper", it'll be there for them.

What makes this Marauder so neat, is that to satisfy my Pet Peave of Joy Riders in the Passing Lane who are oblivious to other motorists in the traffic pattern who may want to pass, yet hang in that Lane at 2-3 miles over the Posted Speed Limit like FOREVER, I've gone to a Deep #45 Window Tint, installed Twin Black Spot Lights on the W/ S Pillars, relaced the Chrome Lug Nuts with McGard "Black-Tips", removed both the Front and Rear Badges (they looked like "Broken Hokey Sticks"), installed Twin Mobile Phones on the Dash with Twin Antenna on the Rear Glass, and Multiple (Wide) Radar Devices in the Front and Rear Windows, Black Marauder Ball Cap, and Big Dark Sun Glasses, with a Hands-Free Microphone and Head Set on.

Now, not only do other Motorists move out of the Passing Lane, but when I'm tooling by at 75-88 and pull back in the Right Lane, they'll creep up almost along side of my Left Rear Bumber in the Passing Lane, seemingly afraid to pass me! :eek: :eek: :confused:

Which forces me to kick her down out of Over Drive, Hit the Trottle, and disappear into the horizen, hoping that I don't suck off another Front Chrome Grill from the Vacume! ( Just HATE it when that happens!)

Wierdest thing is too, that the State and Local Police Cars always wave to me as I'm driving by, sometime at HIGH SPEED, right past their Radar Speed Traps and Patrol Cars.

No One Wants To Mess With One Of Those Mysterious "Men-In-Black"!

Sign Me: "MR. NARC-MAN", from Noblesville.

:D :D ;) :cool:

Larry Vogel
07-31-2002, 07:42 PM
Very glad to hear that. I myself followed one last week with my 63. He saw mine and we met in a parking lot and talked it up for awhile. :cool:

Jim
07-31-2002, 08:04 PM
How do you remove the front and rear badges without serious modification to the grille, and repair/paint work to the trunk to fill the holes left by the mounting?

How do you mount windshield pillar spots without making holes in the A pillar and taking chunks out of the door frames?

Not the kind of work I'd do to a 'keeper' car..

-Jim

Larry Vogel
07-31-2002, 08:29 PM
Jim, but your last sentence doesn't make sence. :confused:

Romo53
07-31-2002, 08:42 PM
Not to mention the horrible wind noise the spots produce at speed.

tetsu
07-31-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Romo53
Not to mention the horrible wind noise the spots produce at speed.

Not to mention the terrible sound the local police make when they harass you for having the spots on. (They dont like the impersonators and many from crownvic.net can attest to this.)

Johnny

Jim
08-01-2002, 02:51 AM
Larry;

The modifications mentioned are not the kind of work I would do to a 'keeper' car; one that is intended to be a low-mileage "First Stock Production runs 'keeper.'

-Jim

MarauderMike
08-01-2002, 03:02 AM
Wow, would be nice to have people get out of the way. Up here around Detroit they just drive up and tailgate on the freeway or they don't bother to look in the rear view mirrors until it's time to cross 4 lanes to make their exit with 500 feet to go, of course they do the same thing to the cop cars too!

BISHOPSS95
08-01-2002, 04:49 AM
I once put a blue solo cup on the dash. Worked.

Jim, are you in Atlanta. I have a proposal for you. It revolves around www.sshs2.com

Think you would like to come?
:)

Larry Vogel
08-01-2002, 07:06 AM
the alteration to get rid of the front and rear current Mercury Badges would be a plus!:cool: :o :D

WJSOLOMON
08-01-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Jim: "How do you remove the front and rear badges without serious modification to the grille, and repair/paint work to the trunk to fill the holes left by the mounting? How do you mount windshield pillar spots without making holes in the A pillar and taking chunks out of the door frames? Not the kind of work I'd do to a 'keeper' car.." -Jim

Your point is well taken on my Spot Lights altering the strict "Stock" image of the Car, if someone wants it as a "Classic Keeper", but I'm more willing to take that chance that it will have equal appeal in it's current set up to buyers looking for a Upgrade Car for Law Enforcement / Secuity Work, or someone like me that just plain enjoys the "Stealth Car" look and appeal. It does indeed look more menacing!

I had the Dealer remove the Rear Badge and replace it with two small black rubber grommets. They thought that the Front Badge was part of the Grill, so they left it alone. However, When I was installing the BULL DOG Alarm, I had removed the long Plastic Radiator Cover, was in the process of waxing the area immediately in back of the Grill when I noticed that the Front Badge was held in place with a 10 mm Aluminum Nut, and came off very easy. I've retained both Badges, and the next Owner can easily have them reintalled, if desired.

The Spot Lights were Police-Grade, and installed in the W/S Pillars, with a slight Notch (Covered neatly with a plastic liner) in the Door Frame. Looks just like Law Enforcement Cars.

The "Look" that it gives the Car, given the overall Enhanced "Stealth" Appearance, is to die for! Like the line in Butch Cassady & The Sundance Kid when Paul Newman kept glancing back over his shoulder, on the lam from the posse: "Who ARE those guys?" - people have a tendency to scoot out of your way more on the road, thinking that you may be on Special Assignment for Home Land Security, CIA, FBI, KGB, State Police, or an Under Cover Operative for the NARC Squad.

When my new Personalized Plate comes in, it may add to the Mystery.

It reads: "COULD BE"

:eek: :confused: :D ;) :cool:

WJSOLOMON
08-01-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by tetsu: "Not to mention the terrible sound the local police make when they harass you for having the spots on. (They dont like the impersonators and many from crownvic.net can attest to this.)

JT - since I'm in the Bridge Design Business, technically I'm "On Call" 24 / 7 for Emergencies, and probably need the Spots to inspect Bridges damaged by Storm / Vehichular Traffic in the middle of the night.

It simply looks like a serious "Business Car" that by it's very nature, looks similiar to a Law Enforcement Vehicle. Mine simply has a few additional "Enhancement Tweaks".

So far, the I can't hear the Air Flow over the Spots when their folded over the W/S at 118 mph, but I did originally 'hear' the Mirrors at speeds in excess of 85 mph, prior to installing the Spots. If anything, they seemed to have changed the Air Flow over the Mirrors, and quieted then down.

But how can you expect to even hear the Air Rush Noise, when your experiencing the 'Rush' from cranking up the 100 Wattt Sound System with the EAGLES Screaming in your ears about ".......Your Lie'n Eyes!"

:p ;) :cool:

Larry Vogel
08-01-2002, 01:14 PM
Cool Job!!:cool: Oh yeah, rollin with the Eagle's, bring's back memories, can I say this, Yeah Baby!!!!:cool: :D :)

Romo53
08-01-2002, 01:49 PM
In all fairness, I would have to include such noise making devices such as the light bar and buddy bumper, not just the spot lights, altough, they do make quite a grind at 120. The only radio I have is the one dispatch is screaming on. I must say that driving the Interceptor all day then climbing into the Marauder is like going from a Cessna to a 777. What a difference.

Logan
08-01-2002, 06:04 PM
Yeah, but at least you get to go off-roading and curb hopping in the interceptor.. :)

eng1neer
08-02-2002, 12:59 AM
The dark mode on Crownvic.net works on our cars.. if U need the pin outs I have them. U have to bring the wire out of the LCM as one is not on the wiring harness itself. Keeps the lights from coming on when door opened or when the keyfob unlocks the doors. Now to add the brake and tail light kill switch for slithering around.

Romo53
08-02-2002, 09:16 AM
Yes...Yes we do. Hahahaha. The very reason our cars usually do not make it much past 70,000 miles. Curbs are not friendly!

WJSOLOMON
08-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by tetsu:"Not to mention the terrible sound the local police make when they harass you for having the spots on. (They dont like the impersonators and many from crownvic.net can attest to this.)
Johnny

J T - My conversations with various law Enforcement Agencies is that most State Police, Sheriff Duputies, and Local Policemen, are really "Salivating" over the Ugraded Luxury and Performance that our Mercury Marauders offer, over the Standard Police-Package Crown Vics, especially those that have to ride around in them for long hours each day.

My take is that they'll have to wait in the back of a rather Long Line, to try and get one on a State / Local Police / Sheriff Department Bulk Bid from the L-M Division, like a couple of years down the road, Maybe! :eek:

Unless I'm a victim of that "Fuzzy New Math" that WWW warned us about in his Race against Gore, Mercury plans on limiting production to only 18,000 Units for the first couple of years. If the Average Dealer's Gross Profit per Vehicle is say $3,500.00, that represents a Total Potential Income of $63 Million Dollars!

"A Plan" Buyers are not elgible for their normal 4% Discount, in that it would cost Mercury more than $23 Million Bucks!

State Bid Rides for the local Police / Sheriff Departments at say $2 Grand over (Total) Invoice would cost the Division more than $27 Million!

In these Recessionary Times, with more than 40 States suffering severe Budgetary Cuts, the Law Enforcement's chances of an Upgrade, in my personal opinion, are probably somewhere between 'Slim', and 'None'.

If and when I'm pulled over (My F/R) PHANTOM II LASER/ SCRAMBLERS should have denied them a Radar Read, and other than my 'Smoked' Bubble Rear License Frame, and #45 Window Tint, there isn't a whole lot for them to take issue with.

By the time that their Blue & Reds come on, My Emergency Flashers are on, I'm pulled far enough off of the Road so they can approach me on the Driver's Side, All of the Windows are Down, the Interior Lights are On, Both the Center Counsel and Glove Box are Open, Both of my hands are on the top of the Steering Wheel. and my License / Registration are in front of me on top of the Dash, the Car is in Park, and the Engine is turned Off. (As is Also, the 100 Watt Stereo!)

After that, it's "Sir, Yes/No Sir", and all Professional Courtesies are extended.

Haven't been issued a Citation for a Moving Violation, since 1989.

They seem to respect another Professional "Stealth Car", if the Driver minds his manners, and drives and acts like a Professional.

In over 30 years on the road, with an average of 25,000 miles a year, it's worked for me.

Be sure to have an extra Marauder Brochure on hand to give them, before you crank up the Engine and they listen to those Beautiful 3.5" x 36.0" Highly Polished Aluminum MEGS Exhaust Tips, tap the Brake Lights Twice, and move our smartly!

:p ;) :cool:

MadMav
08-02-2002, 10:47 PM
You cut up the Murc to put spotlights in it? If you did, I will say what everyone else is thinking. Your a dumbass!! If nothing was cut, then I am sorry.

Mav

WJSOLOMON
08-02-2002, 10:56 PM
My comments follow........

WJSOLOMON
08-02-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by MadMav: "You cut up the MERC to put Spotlights in it? If you did, I will say what everyone else is thinking. Your a dumbass!! If nothing was cut, then I am sorry." Mav

Hey Dude,

A Penny for your thoughts! (That's more than it's worth, but I wouldn't want to leave you short changed. :eek: )

As they say partner, "Different Strokes for Different Folks!"

That's no less dramatic than changing to 4.10 Gears, Lowering the suspension, or increasing the Wheel Size and Shape to 19's or 20's.

When this car is observed in it's overall appearance, with the Intense
#45 Tinted Windows, Black-Tipped McGard Lug Nuts, Debadged, Twin Rear Window Antennas, Smoked Bubble Rear Plate, the Twin Black Spots make it "One of a Kind" - and thought to be by many, just another part of America's 'Home Land Security'!

I have to shag off right now Dudes / Dudettes, as I'm responsible for leading the Funeral Procession and Blocking Traffic for another 'High Roller' from the Carmel, Indiana Area. (Hey - these keep me in 93 Octaine!)

Try and Deal with it Dude!

:eek: :confused: :p ;) :cool:

Fourth Horseman
08-02-2002, 11:41 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't do it, but then again it's not my Marauder; it's yours.

Personal style and taste is what it's all about, in my book. If you dig it, go for it. With as much as we all paid for these babies I think you should customize it anyway you like to make it perfect for you.

Romo53
08-03-2002, 01:41 AM
I have a take-home patrol unit that I spend 8 hours a day in. I must say that when I jump into the Marauder, it is NOTHING like my crown vic. The Marauder is head and shoulders above the crowns. From the interior to the motor. And I can say that if Ford did offer the crown with the current Marauder motor, not very many cities, states, counties ect. would purchase the option anyway. There is no need for it really. We have Camaros, motorcycle units and helicopters. Highway patrol would benefit, but not the metro patrol officer. If anyone wants to turn their Marauder into a cruiser replica, well, more power to ya. Just don't get caught with lights in your grill. Hahahaha. And the best way to get out of a ticket is a great attitude. Happy Maraudering!

warren
08-03-2002, 02:01 AM
:cool: I am going to put the Snooper 360 Radar unit from my old 98Q45 into my new 03MM and I will order the new Laser unit to go along. It has saved me many times from getting a ticket. Also I might put in the TV rear view mirror from JCW - after all it's fun to customize a little.

Warren B.:D

MadMav
08-03-2002, 04:23 AM
WJSOLOMON, I take it that I was right! I understand the "To each his own.", but give me a f***n break. I am biased, but you have never seen an Impala cut up to put spots in! That is just stupid!!! I know I have started a war, that I cannot possible win on the Marauder forum, but give ma a break! Cutting up a $35K vehicle to to put spots in, you are demented! I can't say that I like the Marauder, but I would not disgrace it as you have. Oh well, to each his own huh!!!:(

Mav

Logan
08-03-2002, 06:54 AM
All,

I don't like where this thread is heading, so it's getting closed.

I simply will not tolerate derogatory comments, wars, or bull that plagues other boards. Keep the cursing to a minimum and keep it friendly, despite what you may think of someone's opinion.

No more derogatory comments or responses. Period. :mad:

Feel free to restart a new thread if this topic still needs discussing in a respectful manner.