PDA

View Full Version : The Pimpest Teacher

woaface
07-24-2004, 03:43 PM
My friend Taylor was telling me today about "Mr. Grant" a substitute teacher at a few of the local high schools, including the one I'm going to, Riverside High this coming August. He is "a pimp" because he wears all kinds of different slacks and shoes and shirts that are "colorful" in one way or another. For example, he wore snake skin pants and shoes to school one day.

So Taylor is telling me about how cool he is, and how other teachers don't leave answer keys out because he'll actually give them to the kids.

And on top of all that, he drives a silver Crown Vic:lol:

Taylor: "Yeah man, forget the ricers, Mr. Grant would race you!"

MI2QWK4U
07-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Uhhhhhhh, ok.

woaface
07-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, forgot to add...I'm excited about going back to public school...;)

BillyGman
07-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Uhmm, I don't know if we should be talking about clothes. After all, it isn't car related. Right?? ;)

Rob1559
07-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Do his clothes match his tap shoes?

chrish
07-24-2004, 06:48 PM
My friend Taylor was telling me today about "Mr. Grant" a substitute teacher at a few of the local high schools, including the one I'm going to, Riverside High this coming August. He is "a pimp" because he wears all kinds of different slacks and shoes and shirts that are "colorful" in one way or another. For example, he wore snake skin pants and shoes to school one day.

So Taylor is telling me about how cool he is, and how other teachers don't leave answer keys out because he'll actually give them to the kids.

RAD, man, RAD

hitchhiker
07-24-2004, 07:52 PM

First of all, Why would you assume that a bunch of car guys want to know about your teacher?

This Mr. Grant is teaching you to cheat if he leaves answer keys out for students! He should be fired!

I am not going to meddle in this, but I am temped to send this post to the superintendant of schools.

Teachers must project maturity and authority, not be their students pals.

Just my .02

:beer:

BillyGman
07-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Uh ho, here we go........... just to make a clarification here, I was just kidding about what I said in my post Jimmy. I wouldn't want you to misunderstand me pal. :)

woaface
07-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Um...I'm pretty sure Taylor is kidding...if the teacher's know, then so does everyone else, and he'd already be fired.

cyclone03
07-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Ahhh...
He doesn't wear a puppet on his hand does he?

hitchhiker
07-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Ahhh...
He doesn't wear a puppet on his hand does he?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm'kay

:lol:

Dan
07-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Uhmm, I don't know if we should be talking about clothes. After all, it isn't car related. Right?? ;)

Nice one, Billy. I hope you ducked after you posted that. :)

Donny Carlson
07-25-2004, 07:35 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm'kay

:lol:
Mr. Hand = Mr. Garrison

Mr. Mackey = Mmm'kay?

http://www.clubaccordquebec.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/anon.gifIS SOUTH PARK ON?

chrish
07-25-2004, 08:13 AM
This guy could be infiltrating the lower ranks of the student body. :beatnik:

RCSignals
07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Teachers must project maturity and authority, not be their students pals.

Just my .02

:beer:
Yes. One thing I will always remember from teacher training is what one Professor told us.
"Never share so much as one Beer with your students" :)

RCSignals
07-25-2004, 11:24 PM
This guy could be infiltrating the lower ranks of the student body. :beatnik:
Actually I think he is the star of a new Fall series on the WB

Dan
07-26-2004, 04:22 AM
Yes. One thing I will always remember from teacher training is what one Professor told us.

Hmmm. I think this is a joke, right? Beer? Students?

This reminds me of a teacher I had. My 9th grade Social Studies teacher would invite me to his house after school for various reasons such as practicing chess (also our chess coach) or helping him with his bees, etc.

The relationship that we built has lasted my lifetime and to this day I still visit him at his house at least once a year. I have now known the man for 25 years and am glad to have him as a friend. Lucky, in fact.

Of course, in 9th grade he never offered me a beer. :)

Best,

Dan

QWK SVT
07-26-2004, 04:14 PM
I've actually gone out to a bar, with several of my teachers - We had a grade 13 here at the time, and due the timing of my birthday, I ended up being 19, for the last half of the year... As a result, I was of legal age...:beer:

To be honest, I have MORE respect for some of those teachers... Perhaps the respect was already there, and that's why I would spend time away from the class with them, in the first place... :cool: