PDA

View Full Version : Marauderman's Sadness

Marauderman
07-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Man's Best Friend

Today Ms. M and I had to put to sleep our 14yr. old Dalmation, Freckles..It's a sad day at marauderman's house.. Very Sad!!!

Without alot of story telling, as many of you here have expressed memories and sorry for similiar losses here from members over time, I just want to say it helps to inform you cause she used to sit beside me on the floor as I sat here typing to you all practcally all the time...and she is not with me now....... so excuse me if I should have more mispellings in future posting for awhile....my tears seems to cloud my vision .....

So please do me a favor tonight or the next time you are with your dog or cat or special animal,,,,,,,give'um a big hug for me and tell'um there really special and a friend of theirs went to animal heaven today who was as special and loved as they are to you ..........Thank you.........Tom

woaface
07-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Tom! I'm so sorry to hear that. My dog does the same thing. My condolences...

MAD-3R
07-28-2004, 01:57 PM
I got two fuzzies now, but we did lose one not so very long ago. Best advice is to fill that hole (if your up to it.) Not to replace, but to enhance the fond memories.

Dr Caleb
07-28-2004, 01:58 PM
My condolences Tom. It's hard to lose a good friend like that.

Bluerauder
07-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Man's Best Friend

Today Ms. M and I had to put to sleep our 14yr. old Dalmation, Freckles..It's a sad day at marauderman's house.. Very Sad!!!

"...snip..."

So please do me a favor tonight or the next time you are with your dog or cat or special animal,,,,,,,give'um a big hug for me and tell'um there really special and a friend of theirs went to animal heaven today who was as special and loved as they are to you ..........Thank you.........Tom
Tom,
Condolences on your loss. Understand how pets become part of the family. These losses are never easy. :cry: Hope your Freckles meets up with my Freckles (a St. Bernard that we raised from puppyhood). He passed on years ago and has been up there for awhile so he probably can show the new arrival some of the good places to hang out.

MARAUDER S/C #5
07-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear this Tom, she had a full and I'm sure good life thanks to you and Ms.M.
Ms.#5 and I had two Dobermans (Sidney & Sheena) we had to put down at ages 14 & 15 a few years back. I never felt so bad in my life, they were my best friends. What helped me was thinking of all the good times we had and knowing that they lived the lives of a King and Queen. Again we are sorry for your loss and know what its like to lose part of the family as I'm sure many here amongst us have.
:(

FiveO
07-28-2004, 02:30 PM
:(

Sorry for your loss Tom. I've been there and its difficult.

Tallboy
07-28-2004, 02:35 PM
my australian shepherd, abby, is lying in her usual spot as i type this-right beside me. i would say i'm sorry, but we both know that doesn't even begin to cover it.:cry: my brother had a dalamation named freckles. i'll bet they're playing together right now...

Black Terror
07-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Condolence's on your loss, Tom. We lost one, after 14 years, in similar fashion.

MarauderMark
07-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Im sorry for yours and the misses loss Tom.maybe you should go out and get a puppy to replace the feeling so it won't hurt as bad.just a thought. :)

TAF
07-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Tom & Kathy,

I'm very sorry to hear this, and I know that the loss of such a close companion can be tough. Take care...the both of you.

jgc61sr2002
07-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Tom Sorry about your loss.

2003 MIB
07-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry, Tom & Kathy.

I don't know what I could possibly say that could ease the sadness you feel.
I'm happy that Freckles must have lived a life full of love and care. She was as lucky to have y'all as you were to have her.

Much Love,
Dan

Silver_04
07-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Sorry about your loss.

All dogs go to Heaven!

sailsmen
07-28-2004, 06:13 PM
I was just telling a coworker today about when we put our 11 year old Yorkie down on 1-30-04, know how you feel.

Agent M79
07-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Anyone who has had pets feels this one, Tom and I feel for you and the Mrs.

We tend to do it again and again though, eh?

I've only had cats but Mrs. Agent and I are making preparations for a dog in the future. I have my heart set on a White Shepherd.

Marauderman
07-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Thank you all for you kind and thoughtful words--I worry more about Ms.M who had her daily and will miss her best buddy the most while I'm at work--that daily bond is not eaisly overcome...time will help and your kind words and thoughts are so welcomed .. my friends whom we've yet to meet --so many of you--and those we have ...you all are the nicest .....again Thanks from Kathy and I.....Tom

Ross
07-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Tom, there is something special about the love we receive from our pets, which you already know. If it helps, there are so many others here who have felt the same thing and who share the loss with you.

wm1964
07-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Tom & Kathy

My wife and I lost our 2 Great Danes within a year of each other. When my last one was put to sleep we both swore we would never have another dog. It just hurts so bad when you have to say good bye. The house was so empty without a dog, we decided to try something new and get some fish. We went to the pet store and picked out a tank, and then we had to walk by the puppies to get out. Well long story short we left with a Alaskan Malamute (looks like a husky). Nothing could ever replace my previous dogs, as is the case with you, but I sure am glad we got her. We are sorry for your loss. Pets just have a way of bringing out the good in us.

Bill & Donna

martyo
07-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Tom: My sympathies are with you and Kathy. As you know I am head over heels for my pup, so I can not even begin to fathom the depth of your loss.

And, yes, all dogs go to heaven!

dok
07-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Tom

So sorry to hear of your loss. I heard you talk so nicely about your dog at Russell's picnic. Please give my condolences to Kathy.

marauderbug
07-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Tom,

I am very sorry to hear about Freckles. Marty[O] told me about your loss as soon as he came home this evening. Knowing how I feel about our two "puppies" I understand your sorrow.

My heart goes out to the two of you.

BillyGman
07-28-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear of this. I know what it's like since I once lost a dog that I had for 13 years. If anyone had told me that I would get all choked up and cry over a dog before that happened, I would've laughed in their face. But having went through that made me reailize how attached a person can get to their dog, especially if the dog is around for a decade or more. It really is like losing a family member!! Very heart wrenching. Hang in there Tommy.....

rayjay
07-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I've been there and its really hard to lose a member of the family.

Patrick
07-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Sorry for loose, Prayers to you and yor famaliy!

SilverStreak
07-29-2004, 04:06 AM
Hi Tom,
Such sadness is hard to deal with. As many of us grieve with you remembering our lost pals. I found this poem after my 13 year old Yorkie died about 18 months ago......
Darrell

<TABLE cellPadding=10 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

RoyLPita
07-29-2004, 04:44 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

rookie1
07-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Sorry for your loss.

We lost probably the best dog I ever had after 15 years of bringing us great happiness, he was a Brittany/St Bernard mix with the best temperament I've ever seen(most of the younguns learned to walk by pulling themselves up by grabbing his ears). It was one the saddest days of our lives and the wife felt we should wait a while b4 getting a new puppy to kind of honor his memory. I wasn't sure about waiting because I've always had a dog but I was so distraught I agreed. Needless to say I didn't wait long and we picked up a Lab/Husky mix puppy from the pound that has so much personality even after a year and half of bringing him into our home we still get a lot of laughs from him.
Moral of the story: don't wait, get another pooch as soon as you can. The new one can't replace the one you just lost but can be a great new experience for you and your family

Bluerauder
07-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi Tom,
Such sadness is hard to deal with. As many of us grieve with you remembering our lost pals. I found this poem after my 13 year old Yorkie died about 18 months ago......
Darrell

<TABLE cellPadding=10 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. "...snip..."
[font=Comic Sans MS]You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Darrell,
What a great story!!! :banana: Now I gotta run and dry my eyes and blow my nose.

jaywish
07-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Tom,

I'm sorry about Freckles. Pete (my pit mutt) often does the same thing when I'm on the computer. Sleep, then head butt for a scratch, sleep, repeat.

I found a stray this past weekend. What a sweet boy. Year old French Bulldog. Turns out he was a yard dog for a neighbor. His close neighbors had placed several calls to the ASPCA over the last half year. The pooch escaped and had been out roaming the neighborhood for a day or two in torrential rains. Left the guy my phone # (before I found out about the ASPCA) and he never bothered to call back. This was one good thing he did.

This is one lucky mutt. He now has a new 19 year old owner. A kid out on his own and alone. The kids nickname is Little Diesel. He calls the dog Diesel Dog. He had to teach him how to get up and sleep on the bed. He was one happy dog.

I'm sure your heart hurts and it will hurt even more if you save another from the needle or the cage. But it will be a good hurt.

Jay

the_pack_rat
07-30-2004, 11:43 AM
I've been thru the same before & it hurts a great deal.

I've got a cat that does the same here ...

Often sitting beside me on the floor as I'm here at the computer.

Sorry for your loss.

Eric

Rep12
07-30-2004, 01:53 PM
When dogs die they go to Heaven - and run...

Sorry you lost your "mans best friend". Sad. Tough to replace them. We lost our Snoop after 15 years. Good little mutt. Used to lay right next to my chair in my office every day. We'd take a walk a couple times a day. Both get donuts in the morning. Snoop loved those plain donuts. Then, she just got old and tired and sick. Put her down two years ago. Cried like a baby on the way home. Couldn't replace her. You get over it.

Dave