PDA

View Full Version : air suspension/ ride height

NOTMYBOAT
08-01-2004, 10:05 PM
The air suspension on my marauder is running abnormally low (like the air bags are completely deflated) and I think this happened when I raised the car without turning off the air suspension. I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem and return my marauder to its normal height.

Clark

maudominguez
08-02-2004, 03:29 PM
The air suspension on my marauder is running abnormally low (like the air bags are completely deflated) and I think this happened when I raised the car without turning off the air suspension. I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem and return my marauder to its normal height.

Clark

any one wanna help this guy out please. He's practically dragging his rear end. There's almost no gap between his rear tire and the wheel well. He recently had his new magnaflows installed, and the shop that did this work, we are thinking :confused: , forgot to turn his air ride off before lifting the car. I would like to help him but I am not knowledgeable enough. :alone:
All you gurus out there? :depress: :help:
thanks

Mauricio

maudominguez
08-02-2004, 03:31 PM
c'mon buddies

Stephen Soulsby
08-02-2004, 03:47 PM
I must say I have raised my Marauder before (and the Crown vic a few times) and forgot to disable the air ride. It sagged really badly when I let the car down, but after I started it up and sat in the driver's seat, the pump turned on and inflated them to normal riding height.

Is it maybe possible that while installing the new exhayst they put a small puncture in an air bag?

When in doubt, just take the car into the dealership and tell them the car suddeny is riding real low in the rear. Don't say anything else. Play dumb. I'm assuming it's still under warranty.

03SILVERSTREAK
08-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I must say I have raised my Marauder before (and the Crown vic a few times) and forgot to disable the air ride. It sagged really badly when I let the car down, but after I started it up and sat in the driver's seat, the pump turned on and inflated them to normal riding height.

Is it maybe possible that while installing the new exhayst they put a small puncture in an air bag?

When in doubt, just take the car into the dealership and tell them the car suddeny is riding real low in the rear. Don't say anything else. Play dumb. I'm assuming it's still under warranty.
I would check if the control arm lever is still connected from the watts link to the ride level switch...

NOTMYBOAT
08-02-2004, 04:35 PM
ok thanks for the help. i'll most likely be taking the car to the dealership to see whats up.

clark

Black 04
08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
I bet the control arm lever popped off. Crawl under and ontop of the rear there is a arm connected to the watts link, see if it is connected.

MarauderMark
08-02-2004, 04:40 PM
yea i have had mine lifted by knuckleheads that forget to turn off the switch especially after telling them and them saying ok i won't forget .but after driving on the way home it stills pumps it up.maybe a fuse or circut breaker .did you check the air in the tires? :lol:

maudominguez
08-02-2004, 05:01 PM
thanks for all the good input folks!! :beer:

TAF
08-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I bet the control arm lever popped off. Crawl under and ontop of the rear there is a arm connected to the watts link, see if it is connected.
That ^^^ is more than likely correct Ray...

We were playing with mine today, I've now lowered the rear a little more...and so far, I LOVE the handling even more. :up: