PDA

View Full Version : 03 04 stereo and speaker system

Jolly Roger
08-05-2004, 05:51 AM
Hi,
as a potential MM buyer I have a question about the stereo system.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the system could stand some improvement and I was wondering if there was an upgrade by Ford for the 04 model year.:up:

rayjay
08-05-2004, 08:30 AM
I do not know if the system was upgraded from 03-04. I have a 04 and the stereo is not bad for a factory system. Most factory systems could benefit from adding aftermarket speakers. I'll probably do this at some point, but its not high on the list of must do's with my car. I test drove a 04 Mustang 40th Anniv. edition with the Mach 1000 audio system. The salesman asked how I liked the stereo and my response was "can it be deleted"? It really, really sounded like crap. With that being said, the sound of a particular system/speakers is subjective. What sounds good to me may sound like garbage to you. IMHO the part that is lacking in the MM factory system is good extentsion/defenition in the treble. I can live with it. I have better things to spend my upgrade money on right now. :D

Jolly Roger
08-06-2004, 12:15 AM
I do not know if the system was upgraded from 03-04. I have a 04 and the stereo is not bad for a factory system. Most factory systems could benefit from adding aftermarket speakers. I'll probably do this at some point, but its not high on the list of must do's with my car. I test drove a 04 Mustang 40th Anniv. edition with the Mach 1000 audio system. The salesman asked how I liked the stereo and my response was "can it be deleted"? It really, really sounded like crap. With that being said, the sound of a particular system/speakers is subjective. What sounds good to me may sound like garbage to you. IMHO the part that is lacking in the MM factory system is good extentsion/defenition in the treble. I can live with it. I have better things to spend my upgrade money on right now. :DThanks for the reply rayjay.

martyo
08-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Nope, no significant upgrades. Only minor installation differences.