PDA

View Full Version : I'll bet I am the only one....

CRUZTAKER
08-05-2004, 06:32 PM
...who hasn't washed their Marauder since Indy!:banned:

I was greeted upon returning home to a nice phone call from my boss informing me I was to be in Columbus to work the next morning at 7 a.m. on a new Verizon build for the next month.:censor:

My poor car sits in the same place it did when I rolled in and collapsed Sunday night covered in bug grime.:(

The real kick in the ass....my wife and son were out of town and I still haven't seen them since the wednesday before Indy. Well...Jessica was in town on bussiness on tuesday and we had a 20 minute conjugal visit...:rolleyes: .....but I really miss Gage.

You folks with young children must really find it hard to be on the road all the time.

Zack
08-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Nope! I havent washed mine since Thursday in Indy.
My car is happily up 2 feet in the air on jackstands with the trans out and ripped apart next to it.
The O/D band is destroyed as well as the intermediate clutches.
The reverse input drum also needed replacing when the O/D band rivets ate it up. A word of wisdom to everyone with powerful Marauders- Never shift into overdrive over half throttle, Never manual shift into second unless you modify the valve body not to lock the O/D band, and avoid downshifting out of O/D at WOT.
The O/D is the weakest link of the trans, mine has been out of the car twice for the same problem. I have to change my driving habits, which is going to be tough.
In case I didnt mention it, I have not washed my car.

Silver_04
08-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I've got you all beat. Mine hasn't been washed in a month. I have bugs from Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana stuck to the grille.

RCSignals
08-05-2004, 08:41 PM
I've got you all beat. Mine hasn't been washed in a month. I have bugs from Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana stuck to the grille.

You are going to have to use sand paper :eek:

bigslim
08-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Got back in town Sunday and washed mine at 5:00 in the morning. It has been dusted and wiped down everyday since. Sorry about your tranny Zack. Hurry and get it fixed. We got to get our groups together.

Bigdogjim
08-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey don't feel bad Barry I parked mine at the body shop on Sunday night and have seen it since..........But, I did wash it first:):):) :burnout:

Dan
08-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Well...Jessica was in town on bussiness on tuesday and we had a 20 minute conjugal visit...:rolleyes:

OVERSHARE :lol:

But seriously, is your car in a garage? If so, then it'll be ok when you get home. If not, then why worry about it anyway?

Have a safe month away from home. Don't take it out on your team. :)

Best,

Dan

Patrick
08-06-2004, 03:32 AM
I didnt go to Indy but since Sunday washed 3 times, 2 coats of Polish and ready for road trip!!!

Slowpoke
08-06-2004, 04:28 AM
i stopped off at the car wash just before i got home from indy. it's been in the garage since then.

yes.... it's tough to be on the road.... i was in NY for 6 days just before indy and i hardly saw jett between new york and indy. toda my wife leaves for atlanta, so i get three days alone with jett for some crazy father-son antics. we're going to hit the beach!

TripleTransAm
08-06-2004, 11:03 AM
You folks with young children must really find it hard to be on the road all the time.

I hear ya...

I no longer accept being out of town for longer than 5 days, for that reason. Heck, I was on my way home early a few days ago (to be home in time for some work being done at my new home) and I missed having my little guy in the car with me. There was no way you could have described this to me before I was a parent...

And as such... my focus on cars has shifted somewhat. That includes washing and detailing. I have washed my Marauder only once this year since putting it back on the road in March, and that was around April. It's been rained on many times, though. ;) Same with my WS6... one wash after putting it back on the road in May. My GTA has not been washed since last Fall, though. And my '78 has not been washed since August 2002! (in fact, until I brought it home 2 weeks ago, I hadn't seen it since October 2002!).

Life changes people. I don't regret the new direction my life is taking. Some day I'll have more than enough time to play with cars again, and if it somehow turns out that I don't make it that far, I'd rather use the time I do have to enjoy time with my family.

chrish
08-06-2004, 04:00 PM
TOP '04 has been in its stall under cover for 2-plus weeks :sleepy:

UAW 588
08-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, after five days I got around and finally washed mine today. I couldn't stand looking at all the bug gutts stuck to the front of my Marauder. Besides I'm bringing her to the dealer for a oil change tommorrow, and don't want to show up looking like *****.

Bluerauder
08-07-2004, 02:47 AM
Well, after five days I got around and finally washed mine today. I couldn't stand looking at all the bug gutts stuck to the front of my Marauder. Besides I'm bringing her to the dealer for a oil change tommorrow, and don't want to show up looking like *****.
You mean that your dealer doesn't clean her up for you? Mine does !!! :D

Haggis
08-07-2004, 03:29 AM
You mean that your dealer doesn't clean her up for you? Mine does !!! :D

WHAT!! :eek: You let your Dealer wash you car! :shake: The only two people who get to wash my car are Chris and myself. Well and maybe James if he ever gets his butt up here to do it, didn't have time in Indy.

Barry not only was my car washed the Monday after Indy I also was able to put a coat of polish on her yesterday. :D Got to have my baby looking pretty.

the_pack_rat
08-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Well I wasn't at Indy & it's not a MM ... but I'm in a similar situation.

Don't think it hasn't poured at least ONCE a day ... the past 7-10 here.

My Town Car is probably one of the filthiest it has EVER been. My chrome wheels get any more slop on them ... they will be looking like plain-jane aluminum. I'm ready to say screw it & go wash it anyway even if it is POURING at the time.

Re - dead bugs & such :

Don't mess with that stuff - get them off ASAP !!!. That stuff will eat thru the paint just the same as bird doo. After any long trips that result in tons of bugs on the nose ... I go to the high pressure self serve wash & give the nose a good 5 min blast ... which will usually get most of the crap off. This is VERY important after any long trips in Florida.

Eric

TAF
08-07-2004, 05:31 PM
It had been nearly 2 months since I washed her...and nearly 2 years since she'd had the complete Zaino treatment...but, today was a glorious day in the A-T-L...7 hours later, after Dawn, claybar, Z-7 wash, 2 separate coats of Z-5 and 3 coats of Z-2...she's like trading in on a new model. (Only she runs, shifts, handles and is much faster than a new one).

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/83IMG_1343.JPG (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/4902/password/263233a0dd0b5fe0053e90d33d4b6b a0/sort/1/cat/500)

Donny Carlson
08-07-2004, 05:48 PM
It had been nearly 2 months since I washed her...and nearly 2 years since she'd had the complete Zaino treatment...but, today was a glorious day in the A-T-L...7 hours later, after Dawn, claybar, Z-7 wash, 2 separate coats of Z-5 and 3 coats of Z-2...she's like trading in on a new model. (Only she runs, shifts, handles and is much faster than a new one).

Looks better than Sullivan's, and it cost you $125 less.http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy65.gif